I'm craving soda today

Options
And I'm considering just having a can. But I kind of don't want to. I will not drink diet soda, aspertame is so so so bad for you and since I am living with Multiple Sclerosis, I'm not even chancing it. Anyhow, I usually drink seltzer but, I'm really craving me some Pepsi. Should I have the can or just try and forget about it with Lemon Seltzer?! HELP!

Replies

• babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'd see how you feel after the seltzer.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Give in but in moderation. You may find that once you drink just a little that may be all you want. I know that is how it is with me.
  • katiekido
    katiekido Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Be strong! Go for the lemon seltzer :):smile:
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    If it is something that you don't do very often have the soda, and enjoy every sip. A healthy lifestyle doesn't mean that you should live your life without things you enjoy...just enjoy very sparingly.
  • ApproachingDusk
    Options
    Big question. Is it REALLY worth it?

Every once in a while I get the same way too. Usually its when I'm having a bad day and that was always my comfort food. Or sometimes when I need a little sugar/caffeine pick-me-up.

When was the last time you had soda? If its been a while I would say buy a can and pour a half glass. Usually that kills the craving for me. My coworker will also drink the flavored fizzy waters you can get at the store.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation...I say have the soda if you are craving it. Otherwise you will keep on craving it. Enjoy it!
  • Purecity
    Purecity Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I say drink half a can or even less than that. It may be enough to satisfy your craving. You should not deprive yourself of everything you want. Just eat/drink them in moderation. Also, don't forget to log it :)
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    One alternative to soda is to have your seltzer water, but add Mio of Crystal light to it for flavor. If you still crave a real soda after that, then by all means have one. No matter what it is, I am a firm believer that you can have just about anything as long as it is in moderation.
  • HarlCarl
    HarlCarl Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I haven't quit drinking sodas, having a chocolate chip cookie or pizza once in a while. I just enjoy those 'treats' in moderation. Account for them in your diary and you'll be fine. IMHO

I've lost 60 lbs in under 160 days now. :happy:
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Have the soda! If you want it that bad. The great thing about MFP s being able to satisfy your cravings once in a while and still stay on track. I'm a great believer in everything in moderation, if you deprive yourself for too long you may end up feeling demotivated and pigging out on all the foods you've forbidden.
  • SirBen81
    SirBen81 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    And I'm considering just having a can. But I kind of don't want to. I will not drink diet soda, aspertame is so so so bad for you and since I am living with Multiple Sclerosis, I'm not even chancing it. Anyhow, I usually drink seltzer but, I'm really craving me some Pepsi. Should I have the can or just try and forget about it with Lemon Seltzer?! HELP!

See if your grocery store has this brand. Its products are aspertame-free.
    http://www.dietrite.com/
  • mamaDaisyJ
    mamaDaisyJ Posts: 395
    Options
    When I get the urge anymore, I have it. Maybe once a week tops. When I go longer than that, it just doesn't even taste good when I do get it. I'm a Dr Pepper drinker though, Pepsi always was yuck :tongue:
    Point (of my opinion) is, longer you go without, the less ya need to meet the craving, cause soda is really an aquired taste.
  • kristinaohno
    kristinaohno Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone.

i had the seltzer and i don't even want the pepsi anymore. guess i just needed the fizz!

those flavored waters that are fizzy have aspartame in them so i won't drink them. same with crystal light.