Meal plan

Options
dunnju
dunnju Posts: 1 Member
Hi I am new to the group and looking for a free plan to try if anyone could recommend one for beginners please?

Replies

• neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Depends on your macros and culinary preference. How many calories are you supposed to eat per day?
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Buy a digital food scale. Weigh the foods you currently eat and log them. Maintain a calorie deficit. You will lose. No special foods needed.
  • Leyalin
    Leyalin Posts: 22 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Whoopsie doopsie! Doubleposted!
  • BattyKnitter
    BattyKnitter Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    The thread linked above is really good.

I like the meal plans you can find on Skinnytaste.com too. I always use the recipe builder and input the actual weights of the ingredients I am using though.
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just eat what you normally eat, within your calorie limits. It's a lot easier that way.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are meaning or needing: if you are trying to cook more for yourself and having trouble coming up with ideas, learning to cook, or help planning meals for the week, I have heard about a free app called mealime. The idea is that it could be kind of like one of those cooking/grocery delivery box services (e.g. BlueApron) but instead of dropping a box of groceries at your door, it gives you suggested recipes and then spits out your shopping list for your grocery trip for you. And is supposed to have step by step instructions for when you actually cook it. I haven't tried it yet myself, but it sounded pretty interesting.