Post your moments

Sunshine_And_Sand
Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
Those moments where you panic over something laughable or do something you can't believe you were actually dumb enough to do that. They leave you thinking about what an idiot you are (or were for just that brief moment). We all have them.
Here's a recent one for me:
I saw a little red foreign object on my new countertops that a LOVE and have waited years to get. It was small and red and irregularly shaped suspiciously like a garnet, the little red specks found in a lot of granites, mine included. I was running my hands over the counters feeling for holes that this "garnet" may have left behind. When DH saw me and found out what I was doing, he laughed and informed me that it was just a fruity pebble that my son spilled on the counter. Of course the kid only spilled a red one because I'm pretty sure a green one wouldn't have caused that little bit of panic.
Post some of your "moments" to brighten everyone's day a little bit.

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I had such a good laugh at myself the other day that my stomach hurt and I was still laughing hours later. Now I can't remember what I did that was so funny 🤔
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    My ego will never live this down...

I got stuck in a snow bank this winter and 2 men dug me out. So humiliating, I felt pathetic, like a damsel in distress. Still embarrassed.

So what happened was I got to the end of my laneway and the snow plow had made a bank at the road at least 1 & 1/2 feet high. I started backing up (wasn't going to try to get through, no way would it work) and a man across the road started gesturing at me to come forward. I got out of my car and he said to just back up and go fast, I could make it.

I backed up and sped for the snowbank, then braked right at it (there were kids on the road, and it was a stop sign) and I got stuck. Guy somewhat rebukingly says "you just did the worst thing possible". True, but It was instinct to break.

I went to work and got roadside assistance for my car that morning. Funny tho, I read the policy a couple weeks ago and digging a dumb-dumb out of a snow bank is noted as not being covered!
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    These are good everybody.
    Something I can remember doing at least a couple of times: I packed my lunch the night before and put my car keys in the fridge with my lunchbox so I wouldn't forget my lunch the next morning. When it's time to go the next morning and I can't find my keys, I give up and use my spare set while my lunch and keys sit in the fridge all day. 😩
  • branflakes1980
    branflakes1980 Posts: 2,516 Member
    I drove to work, went inside for 4 hours, went outside to go to lunch, couldn't find my keys, went back in looking for them, started to panic... Then I found them, they were in the ignition, and the CAR WAS STILL RUNNING... Yep, I didn't turn the car off (for FOUR hours)...

Also, I search everywhere for my phone while I am talking on it more than I care to admit.
  • ARainyNight
    ARainyNight Posts: 16 Member
    I tried to scroll up on a book I was reading. 😳