Crappy eating day

Options
I am on vacation but have been eating well, counting my calories, working out....then today went to *kitten*. I hate bad days, especially since it is 100% my fault and I have been doing so well and losing weight.

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    One day isn't gonna screw you up.

So what'd ya eat?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I am on vacation but have been eating well, counting my calories, working out....then today went to *kitten*. I hate bad days, especially since it is 100% my fault and I have been doing so well and losing weight.

One day really does my matter.

Enjoy your holiday!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Enjoying your vacation is important too! Log it and move on. It takes 3500 calories over maintenance to make one pound of fat. You may see a temporary gain on the scale but most is due to water and waste in your system. You have your whole life ahead of you, you need to be able to enjoy special events as part of your new lifestyle. What matters is what you do most days, not any one day.
  • trunkmonkey1977
    trunkmonkey1977 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

So what'd ya eat?

I ate a bunch of chips and salsa and a pint of icecream
  • strebor337
    strebor337 Posts: 168 Member
    Options

So what'd ya eat?

My two great weaknesses!
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options

So what'd ya eat?

Try to focus on how much you enjoyed eating them and forget trying to feel some sort of remorse. If you feel remorse or guilt you undo the pleasure and lose the mental benefit of having some tasty treats. If you are on vacation you should be letting loose and enjoying yourself. If you stay strict you run the risk of coming back resentful at yourself and that is no good.