OMG...you shaved!

Dave198lbs
Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
I have a neighbor who I used to see almost daily as she walked her dog through the area. We sometimes walked our dogs together and she is really old but loved to walk her little buddy. I haven’t seen her in a few months and was sort of scared to hear that she had passed or something.

I ran into her at the grocery this morning and she came up to me and grabbed me and said oh my goodness....you did something...did you shave your beard or what...something is different. Well, I haven’t had a beard since my tree hugging hippy days in college and didn’t know what to say (she is old and I do respect that believe it or not). Then she figured it out...you have lost weight...oh David..you look so good! I can see your face!

I hadn’t realized that the 30 pounds I have lost forever did that to my face to such an extent as I am forced to look at it every day as I shave and she really made my day. I could try to tell you that the only reason I am telling this is to motivate someone and it is true but I don’t know anyone that I can brag to about it and have someone understand it like you here. SO there, I did it, I bragged and have a great weekend. Dave:happy:

Replies

• Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    I have a neighbor who I used to see almost daily as she walked her dog through the area. We sometimes walked our dogs together and she is really old but loved to walk her little buddy. I haven’t seen her in a few months and was sort of scared to hear that she had passed or something.

I ran into her at the grocery this morning and she came up to me and grabbed me and said oh my goodness....you did something...did you shave your beard or what...something is different. Well, I haven’t had a beard since my tree hugging hippy days in college and didn’t know what to say (she is old and I do respect that believe it or not). Then she figured it out...you have lost weight...oh David..you look so good! I can see your face!

I hadn’t realized that the 30 pounds I have lost forever did that to my face to such an extent as I am forced to look at it every day as I shave and she really made my day. I could try to tell you that the only reason I am telling this is to motivate someone and it is true but I don’t know anyone that I can brag to about it and have someone understand it like you here. SO there, I did it, I bragged and have a great weekend. Dave:happy:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Where's you new picture at?!!! Now I'm curious what you look like!!! Good for you, Dave, and I hope you feel proud... And like a cutie-patootie!!!:happy:
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Well done. That's so great for you :happy:
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    I hope when I go see my family in June I can have a similar response
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    That is a really sweet story!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    That's wonderful! Congratulations. :flowerforyou:
  • CONGRATULATIONS DAVE! What a feeling! Keep up the great work! Salute! :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member

That's cool Dave! :drinker: It always feels pretty awesome when someone notices when we are making changes in our life doesn't it?!:wink:

FC:heart:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member

You should brag, you've earned it! Good for you! :D
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Good for you, you should be proud and we are here to here your story.

Keep up the good work.
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    30 pounds is a meaningful achievement!! Kudos to you:wink:
  • anna441
    anna441 Posts: 253 Member
    Way to go.........Keep up the good work
  • Way to go :drinker: That does make you feel good and were proud of you too:flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    congrats, that is so great and congrats on the 30 pounds, I can't wait till I reach 30 pounds lost forever. :bigsmile:
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Yayyyyyy Dave!! Brand new face - and without a plastic surgeon!! Hooraaaaay for you thinner-man!!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Way to go I know that felt good!:drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    congrats it's a cool feeling isn't it:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • That is so great! Congratulations!! You deserve it!!!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    awesome! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!