New and have a question

Options
Do I have to include my BMR calories in my exercise log, or are the calories burned from just living already taken into consideration to determine how many calories I can intake?

Replies

• Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Your daily calories are set by MFP with your BMR in mind. They have already set it up so that a calorie deficit is created every day. Count exercise separately.
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    It is automatic. Just log your food and exercise. Everything will calculate itself. Good luck!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is automatic. Just log your food and exercise. Everything will calculate itself. Good luck!

well 1 thing is missing, you should back out maintenance calories from calories burned or you are double counting those as the exercise calories are total calories burned during the exercise, when MFP already gives you an allowance for that time, had you not worked out. So you should back out 1.25-1.5 cals/minute from the amount of exercise calories to account for this.
  • caligirl328
    Options
    Welcome to the site Trev :-)
  • Trevanator
    Trevanator Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It's a pretty cool site. Now I just need to stay motivated and stick to it!!! :happy: