Can I share this morning's achievement?

Options
This morning I broke through the (probably mental) 100kgs barrier on my Barbell Hip Thrust and managed 2 sets of 5 reps @ 105kg . This is the shoulders on a bench one btw !!! I'm so chuffed with myself.

I also managed 2 sets of 5 reps Box Squat with 52.5kgs - my target is half of what my daughter is Box Squatting (Shes a semi pro sportswoman and 18 yrs old!) which is currently 140kg shock.

I know they aren't massive weights and a couple of years ago I would have given up trying by now, considering myself useless for not being able to match my daughters weights by now. But, thanks to a lovely new boyfriend who has rebuilt me after divorce, my mindset is so different and I can be proud of the little steps that I achieve rather than focussing on what I can't do!

Anyone else care to share their own 'chuffed' moments? :)

Replies

• Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Fantastic achievement . Don't put them down . Be proud of your determination to hit those targets. Well done !
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Thanks Libby - it just seems a bit silly when other people on here are posting much bigger weights and achievements! :D
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The people lifting less probably aren't posting about it very often.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    It's a lot more than I can ever imagine lifting. Congratulations.