What to use in place of hand weights?

Options
I am wanting to start Jillian Michael's 30 day shred but I don't have any hand weights and it's not in the budget right now. What can I use I'm place of them? All opinions welcome. Thank you.

Replies

• NuMe46
    NuMe46 Posts: 128
    Options
    I've heard that cans of soup weigh about 1 pound. Maybe you could start with those.
  • OnionCookie
    OnionCookie Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I used cans of spaghetti sauce or peas. Though I only did level 1 I saw really good results.
  • emilyyann1234
    emilyyann1234 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    milk jugs!
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    water bottles or soda cans... but don't try to open the cans right after exercise ;-)
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Soup cans. Water bottles. I think any of those would work. I bought some really inexpensive hand weights from Wal-Mart.
  • ambekat
    ambekat Posts: 9
    Options
    If you find water bottle aren't heavy enough, try filling them with sand! This will work wonders!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I've used water bottles, cans of beans, laundry jugs with water in them, etc. You can get creative! Good luck with the program.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    canned pumpkin is dense. Also water bottles work well, especially now that they're trying to make them ergonomic. You can get large ones and fill them up to the poundage you're looking for.