TMI BUT... help

Options
I have an ED so I starve and bubge when i'm stressed or sad. Which leads to weight changes. Super tmi and no one here is a therapist. But maybe someone here has tips on how to manage food/calories and stress about food?? Thank you!

Replies

• jaxjackjackie
    jaxjackjackie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Therapy is really the only way. Unless you deal with the root of the problem it will always be an issue. Good luck on your journey :)
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    People have such different triggers. You really do need to work out what your triggers are and how you can respond differently to them with a licensed therapist. Please take care of yourself!
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    When I was younger, like 16 to 20, I would starve myself to stay skinny, I was about 100-106lbs then. I just didn't know better. Then I got married and stopped caring of what I ate and got fat. Anyways, I took nutrition class and learned how I can lose weight in a healthy way and not punishing myself for it.
    I think knowing and learning things truly helped me out. Having the knowledge is impowering.
    You might need to talk to a therapist about this issue. Also, maybe talk to a dietician for advice.
    Admitting you have ED is a good start.
    Best of luck.