Calories

2»

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Yakker04 wrote: »
    Why not it's been that way for weeks and have maintained my weight

You are eating more than you think as that's far too low for an average sized male who describes themselves as active and exercises a lot. Your BMR alone is in the order of 1800 cals - that's at complete rest, fasted, no activity, no exercise.

Your TDEE is more likely to be around 2800, higher if your exercise is long duration cardio.
    I'm around 78kg and my TDEE is well over 3,000 and rises in summer when my cycling volume goes up.

Option 1
    Keep logging the way you are if it's consistent despite being inaccurate, use your own bodyweight changes as your guide.

Option 2
    Make your diary public if you want help on logging more accurately.

• sijomial
    If you use the quote function it's far easier to know what or who you are responding to.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    sijomial wrote: »
    If you use the quote function it's far easier to know what or who you are responding to.

You are eating more than you think as that's far too low for an average sized male who describes themselves as active and exercises a lot. Your BMR alone is in the order of 1800 cals - that's at complete rest, fasted, no activity, no exercise.

Your TDEE is more likely to be around 2800, higher if your exercise is long duration cardio.
    I'm around 78kg and my TDEE is well over 3,000 and rises in summer when my cycling volume goes up.

Option 1
    Keep logging the way you are if it's consistent despite being inaccurate, use your own bodyweight changes as your guide.

Option 2

Yes I changed it to 2100

But as pointed out - your stats and activity doesn’t indicate a maintenance level of 2100, even NEAT which is what MFP uses.

MY TDEE as a petite female is around 2100 and I’m not as active as you.
  • mdreddie
    mdreddie Posts: 73 Member
    I've found the calorie calculator useful for determining maintenance calories. You can google "calorie calculator", type in your body stats, and get your maintenance calories that way. I also check my weight every 3 to 4 days to check, monitor, and adjust calorie intake to maintain my weight.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and use the weight machines, bikes, and sometimes treadmills. I enter choose levels on the machines and enter my weight. The machines give me number of calories I have "burned" as I exercise. I do not think the number of calories burned is 100% accurate but I still enter those numbers into MFP food diary. I do not "eat back" all the calories the machines say I have "exercised off", but it does give me a guide to go by.
  • sijomial

Option 1

Option 2

Yes I changed it to 2100

And as said previously 2100 cannot be your actual maintenance calories.