It wasn’t that I woke up one day and I was fat…well not

Options
Hi I am Angela and I love food. In all my trials the past 14 food became my friend. Not just there when I was sad or in pain but there to celebrate and comfort through it all…good, bad, and ugly that is what food was to me.

I was always very small and at a healthy weight so what the heck happened? Well life, endometriosis, kids and a desk job. I got my weight back under control (125-130 range) and the pain of endometriosis just took its toll. Depressed, unmotivated and now in the 140 range I was ready to just have a hysterectomy. My doctor wanted me to make it to 30-35 before having a hysterectomy so we went with meds (different kinds of birth control) to try and get the hormones levels down so the endometriosis would stop causing so much pain. Well the pain was ‘manageable’ but 30 days on one of the meds I had gained over 80 pounds and over the next few months another 20lbs joined my body.

I will NEVER forget the day I called my doctor and said “it is time” and she said ‘ok, does June 3rd work for you.’ (1 week from my call) So June 3, 2008 I had a totally hysterectomy and she took down all the endometriosis that had escaped elsewhere in my body and took down some scar tissue from many surgeries and endometriosis. I decided to not go on hormone replacement for at least the first year and see if I could manage and drop some weight. The hot flashes and moods swings about killed me as well as my family. After 9 months I went on a hormone patch and I took off some weight (got to 190-188 range). However, I had to get off the hormones due to the endometriosis remained in my body was not doing well.

So on 8/4/11 I found that I was holding at 188.3 (desire to be 125ish) and desperate to just feel good and YES I will say it; look good. So I started a low calorie/low fat/ low carb diet. I work out 3-5 times a week in the pool or walking and as of right now I am 181 (been stuck there since my first week of getting back on track and not giving up).

So I joined MFP on 8/23/11 just to track and get a handle on what I am doing and who knows maybe find a few Pals along the way….

Sorry I am sure this is not the kind of 'introduce yourself' most do...I just wanted to lay it all out there.

Replies

• lynnmarie60
    Options
    I wish you luck on your journey.
  • crfeeney
    crfeeney Posts: 28
    Options
    Good luck! You can do it :) Add me if you want support.
  • mnbakk
    mnbakk Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Good Luck...feel free to add me for support. :smile:
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Good luck you have been through so much, I'm sure you can conquer this journey as well :)
  • AmDurling
    Options
    I don't have quite the same health issues but I most of what you are saying. I too am a person that uses food as comfort and celebration. Add me if you want and we may find we have a lot in common.
  • 3boysmomma
    Options
    Good Luck! I know you can do it! You may add me for support, as I need some along the way too :)
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    All the best to you. Add me as a friend if you wish.
  • bethanytowell
    bethanytowell Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    MFP will be a great tool for you. If you stick with it and dont cheat becuase you are only cheating yourself, so you have log every cookie and every extra snack you munch on. It will work. I am 11 weeks post partum and could not drop my baby weight, infact i just kept gaining so at the advise of my Dr i joined MFP and have droped 11 lbs in exactly 3 weeks. I dont eat especially healthy but i do keep everything in the ranges that MFP sets for me.

GOOD LUCK!!
  • Gottagetfit4me
    Gottagetfit4me Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck and hope you find this sight as helpful as I do! You sound like a strong woman so I am postive you will have great success :D
  • linsben
    linsben Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    welcome! i'm a low carber so you can add me if you want help or support!
  • Angelamu77
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

I am hopeful at some point be at 'goal' (which to be honest I don't know if it is 125 or 135 at this point, is that bad) and feeling great!