First Dri-Tri!

Options
Today I did my first Dri-Tri!

A Dri-Tri is an OrangeTheory Fitness event they do twice a year. A 2,000 meter row followed by 300 body weight exercises (2 rounds of 20 pushups, 20 tap squats, 40 step ups, 30 bench hop overs, 20 burpees, 20 plank jacks), and a 5K.

I know it's impossible for me to place (I did the power walking modification of 1.55 miles at 3%, that disqualifies me), so I'm not even waiting for them to post results. I did get a new PR on the row and 48 splat points (48 minutes where my heart rate was 84% or higher). The floor exercises were honestly the roughest part, I didn't modify anything (allowed but disqualifying) and doing everything back to back when your legs are already dead from a row and all you want to do is sit down and drink water, it was just crazy.

Swag was a cute DriTri water bottle with a straw, a DriTri towel, and a bag. Entry fees went to a local charity for volunteer advocates for kids in child abuse/neglect court cases.

Once I showered I was ravenous and my husband wondered if I even chewed the buffalo burger I inhaled.

Proud of myself for trying something way outside my comfort zone and not giving up. I only started working out in July. I hope to see big improvements at the next one!

Replies

• Deanner03
    Deanner03 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • slbbw
    slbbw Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Yesterday was my first DriTri as well. Way to go on not modifying. It was either full range knee push-ups or half range full. I did 5 full when they said make sure you do full range so I switched to knee. I had not pushed myself that hard in a while. Ended up with my fastest 5k time that I have done.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That sense of achievement is always an amazing feeling!