Bullet Journaling, Crafting, Etc.

Options

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    SaraKim17 wrote: »
    Clueless user alert! :p

I bought washi tape for the first time. I CANNOT get the tape separated from the backing! I have spent 15 minutes struggling with this! Tips or hints for the craft-impaired? I'm about to resort to a glue stick.

(Please don't tell me I'm not supposed to peel/separate it...)

I have no idea!! I thought it’s like tape -no backing.
    I saw online a good idea for washi tape..... (teacher’s website) says you can cover the spiral of a notebook with it, so the spiral is protected and doesn’t get hooked on anything. I thought that was a cute idea. Actually , maybe it was duct tape for this. haha I don’t remember.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,000 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Last night I painted for a few hours.
    I started painting in June and yesterday was my four month sober anniversary. I enjoy all the time I have on my hands. I am a beginner but I am happy with my painting.
    3hr9lohuheuf.jpg

Simply lovely! I’m glad you’re having fun :) I’m very impressed & inspired by your Self-Care @RubyRed427
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Clueless user alert! :p

I bought washi tape for the first time. I CANNOT get the tape separated from the backing!

I have some washi tape too. I think it peels... Or comes off like tape. I was going to make bookmarks with it. Just another project waiting to be completed. Same with my beading and wire wrapping.

The only thing I've stuck with, creation-wise, is crochet. <3
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427, @Steph_135, it looks like it should peel, but I can't get it separated. Will try again today. It's so pretty, I want to start using it.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I am really getting into painting. I painted for three hours last night and finished the painting today. With each painting I do, I learn something new. It is extremely satisfying to have found this hobby. It is a lifesaver for me in a way.

I found a website called “Craftsy”. https://www.craftsy.com

I may take a class on it with acrylic paints. It’s just fun to browse this site.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I am really getting into painting. I painted for three hours last night and finished the painting today. With each painting I do, I learn something new. It is extremely satisfying to have found this hobby. It is a lifesaver for me in a way.

I found a website called “Craftsy”. https://www.craftsy.com

I may take a class on it with acrylic paints. It’s just fun to browse this site.

So happy for you, Julie, and thanks for posting that link! I'm looking forward to exploring it further. (They have some beautiful embroidery kits.)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    @rubyred427 I've heard of that site before. I'll have to tool around it again. Maybe I can find some YouTube tutorials to get me started, when I find time and desire some weekend. :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Has anyone used an Erin Condren planner? Opinions? :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    I have really been enjoying Christopher Allen's Vlogmas YouTube videos. So beautiful, creative, and inspiring!

I've also been watching a number of videos on planning, bullet journaling, etc. There are so many creative people with great ideas.

This time of year I always get a bit obsessed with finding the "best" planner, calendar, etc.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I have really been enjoying Christopher Allen's Vlogmas YouTube videos. So beautiful, creative, and inspiring!

I've also been watching a number of videos on planning, bullet journaling, etc. There are so many creative people with great ideas.

This time of year I always get a bit obsessed with finding the "best" planner, calendar, etc.

I bought my sister a journal, stickers, and pages... from the craft store. (Brand Me and my Big Idea). They had so many wonderful themes - I choose a "spiritual theme". But I also want to buy myself a blank spiral journals and do bullet journaling in the new year.
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Last night I painted for a few hours.
    I started painting in June and yesterday was my four month sober anniversary. I enjoy all the time I have on my hands. I am a beginner but I am happy with my painting.
    3hr9lohuheuf.jpg

That's great. I love it. Congrats on the sobriety. I'm on the wagon too. Stay strong!
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I have gotten a little lax on my bullet journaling. I'm still using it for minimal things to help keep me organized and remember things. I did find several things that didn't work for me. However I am looking forward to getting recommitted and using it to help reach my goals. I have been making plans to start a lifting program so I want to set up a collection for tracking that and other health metrics. I also want to set up my new bullet journal for the year. If y'all have any ideas for new year set ups or health collection that you love out are inspired by, I would love to hear them!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    I got a Buddha Board for Christmas. It’s very relaxing to draw with it. I got the one with a water pen, but the video below is a little different. I actually would have preferred the one in the video. https://youtu.be/PdGdfIRKLDI
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Yesterday I went to Michaels for "washi tape assistance." It took two sales assistants, but one finally managed to separate the tape from the backing using an Exacto knife! It took her a while to do.

I was looking at all the beautiful stickers, bullet journal accessories, etc. I was so tempted to buy some things but, to be honest, I feel like I'm too old for a lot of them. I WAS going to buy two of the fine point Stabilo "markers" (love the colors and the way they write), but the checkout line was so long, I decided not to wait.
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @RubyRed427, what did your sister think of the journal, stickers, etc.?

Today I wrote another letter to my friend who moved across the country. I'm worried about her and hope the letters will cheer her up.

I used some old stationary (decorated with pansies, including the envelope), wrote with a Muji .5 mm purple marker/pen, and sealed the envelope with washi tape and a pretty sticker.

• RubyRed427
    Options
    @RubyRed427, what did your sister think of the journal, stickers, etc.?

Today I wrote another letter to my friend who moved across the country. I'm worried about her and hope the letters will cheer her up.

I used some old stationary (decorated with pansies, including the envelope), wrote with a Muji .5 mm purple marker/pen, and sealed the envelope with washi tape and a pretty sticker.

Thanks Sara! My sister loved the journal; it’s got a spiritual theme and that suits her.
    On an aside, I love your idea about letterwriting. I think where I live there is a letter writing club. I follow it on Instagram but have not gone to the gatherings. They look like they are in a card / paper shop, and you write letters to other letter writers.
    You’re very sweet to write her a letter. It’s so much better than just a text or email.
  • thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I kept meaning to post this in here but life got away from me. But, now that I have more to show and some portions look better due to being more filled out, this is almost a blessing. Warning: longer post with lots of pictures. Thses are some of my entries in my health bullet journal collection, my hiking/training bullet journal collection, and my daily bullet journal. I'll try to label them as best as I can.

vxjwbac01fer.jpg
    6z6354xfghrr.jpg
    0ox5x0kgcx18.jpg

These three are from my hiking journal. I start training in the last two weeks of April officially but I am going to start at the beginning of the month and train similar to a marathon. I am not doing the half challenge this year like originally anticipated but will do the full next year. I am still training this year though because my husband and I are doing a 5 day, 70 mile backpacking trip in western Pa (aka Rocksylvania). I wanted to start with a motivational quote and have some throughout. The next one that is going to go in is from Bruce Lee: "Long term consistency trumps initial intensity." I am also keeping track of calorie counts so that while I'm on the trail I can fuel effectively even without access to the internet.

q3l0ctvxy75u.jpg
    zmo4nonhnx6f.jpg
    27g4htthi4hh.jpg
    s9wnncpgwma3.jpg
    303m6out1dnp.jpg

These are from my health journal. The weight and weight lifting tracker are from right before I went on hiatus for surgery. I will be starting both back up in April. I need to get back to doing yoga regularly especially since I'm weight lifting on top of my other sports. I am also trying to get 1000 miles in 2019 between hiking, biking, and running. Trail training should help and I am hoping that my husband and I can start biking to the museums more this summer.

xtno5nsvc5vi.jpg
    eihqxdcuejwz.jpg
    i0lvw9c56r65.jpg

The last picture is of the pens my husband got for my birthday. I got to pick them out. I loved these but added on the individual pen because I wanted something that was between the yellow and the orange. I still need to add my yoga goal as well as I wanted to add some flowers to that page but I'm happy with it so far. The other picture still needs the title of Mental Health Inventory. It's technically a depression tracker but it feels like a good inventory to take even when my depression is in check. It can help point me to other emotions or issues I might have below the surface. I am hoping to post pictures in the future. I know these are not as flashy as others but I think it's important to show that even those of us on more opf a budget that don't have super flashy art skills can still make something pretty or appealing.

If y'all have any questions, comments, or recommendations please feel free to let me know!! Especially if you think there are some metrics that you think might help me to track.

(As a note: my other big sport is Krav Maga to get my in shape and help me protect myself. I also take a heavy bag class and a cardio boxing class to help with endurance. Overall I think I will have the exercise covered but it would be nice to have a way to measure improvement other than improving time on the trail and perceived effort in my sports.)
  • Annemariezonderma
    Annemariezonderma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am a beginner but I am happy with my painting.
    3hr9lohuheuf.jpg

A BEGINNER?
    ok. I'm out. :')

It's beautiful <3
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @skram01 I loved seeing your journals!!! I love the styles on the pages; I love the lettering and colors. I like the yoga page a lot!