losing baby weight and finding myself

Options
Hello all, my name is Bree. I am a married, 20 (almost 21) year old, with 2 children (3 and 5mo). I've always been fairly big. 180-190s in high school in a size 14. When I got pregnant with my first child I was 193 and gained 16lbs, which dropped fast, but I gained 10lbs after that that stayed for 22 months.

January of 2010 I became pregnant with our second pregnancy, but lost him in March. April 2010 I decided to take charge of my life and try and get fit for our wedding in October 2010. I got down to a size 10 and 165lbs. I felt great, but wanted to lose another 20lbs. But, in July 2010 our second child wanted to crash our wedding. I gained 31lbs with him, leaving me at 185 after delivery. Not where I wanted to be again.

We moved 2 days after I got out of the hospital, when he was 4 days old, 1500 miles South. Moving + junk food = 6lbs. 192.

June 27th 2011 my new weight loss journey began. I decided to eat smaller portions and count calories. Dropped 13lbs the first month. Mid July I started TurboFire and am currently in week 5. I am now down 23lbs and 4lbs away from prepregnancy weight! I am in my pregnancy clothes and it is feeling GREAT.

My first BIG goal is prepregnancy (so close I can almost taste it!).
My second BIG goal is 145. I would LIKE to be 145 before Christmas, but if not, I won't beat myself up over it.
My third BIG goal is unknown. After 145 it'll be by sight or size 4 jeans.

Sorry for the ramble, just my weight background. Would love some support and give support back. Thanks :)

Replies

• mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! & best of luck with this journey!! Only you can deciede where it's going to take you. You sound like you are off to a great start :)
  • llbreell
    llbreell Posts: 37
    Options
    Welcome!! & best of luck with this journey!! Only you can deciede where it's going to take you. You sound like you are off to a great start :)

thank you :)
  • Margarette
    Margarette Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

I am not quite the same situation but gave birth to twins 3 months ago and now am trying to tone up. I have hit my prepregnancy weight (not in a healthy way but I couldn't eat enough calories when I was breastfeeding both of them due to some nutrition issues they had) Now I am just all flab and was never like this before. I made a post sort of like yours last night asking for support. So feel free to add me if you like.
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Good luck and great attitude! Your goals are realistic and your methods are wonderful. I have 100% confidence you'll be there in no time. :smile:
  • llbreell
    Options
    Hey there,

I am not quite the same situation but gave birth to twins 3 months ago and now am trying to tone up. I have hit my prepregnancy weight (not in a healthy way but I couldn't eat enough calories when I was breastfeeding both of them due to some nutrition issues they had) Now I am just all flab and was never like this before. I made a post sort of like yours last night asking for support. So feel free to add me if you like.

totally get the flab thing. I think that's the hardest part. I didn't have this with my first, then after my second it was pretty bad. Congrats on your twins :)
  • kerose622
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and am sooo on your page. My mindset is way different this time around. Its great. Good luck, we'll do it together.
  • llbreell
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and am sooo on your page. My mindset is way different this time around. Its great. Good luck, we'll do it together.

congrats on your little bundle :) Some days it's hard to stay driven. We'll have to keep each other in line =P
  • enigma2546
    Options
    Hey love!

I'm 20 and my daughter is 3 months old, delivered by c-section therefore exercising was a bit limited for the past three months due to injuries with the incision, BUT I've always struggled with my weight, i've always been a bit bigger of a girl but not overweight, i'm 5'11 and my weight remained around 175 for the past 5 years, when i met my boyfriend i was 210 pounds , we had broke up for a month and i lost 50 pounds due to stress! when we got back together i creeped up and stayed at 183 then i got pregnant! I indulged in the "eating for two" , therefore never felt guilty for what i ate because i said "oh the baby is getting fed" lol , not the smartest, the day i went into have her i weight 265.5 & came out 240! To this day i have not lost anyweight!!

It's hard on me , being young, and knowing what i looked like before, and what my boyfriend fell in love with ( he does not care my size ) but as you know , women never believe that haha, I see him glancing at other women ( we're open like that , look but dont touch ) haha, and my heart just sinks because i know im no where near that , but then the fact of i just brought a life into the world makes me feel better !

Sorry for my rant, lol but i'll take my stretch marks as "ribbons of motherhood" but i much rather not have rolls on top of rolls :P
  • enigma2546
    Options
    PS; my goal eventually is about 160 , it's a big goal but if you believe in something you can do it :)
  • llbreell
    Options
    PS; my goal eventually is about 160 , it's a big goal but if you believe in something you can do it :)

you're right, and it CAN be done. Go for it, girl! :D
  • enigma2546
    Options
    When you have so many people telling you can't, it feels great to proove other wise :)
  • Kristy144
    Kristy144 Posts: 166
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This site is so awesome! Good luck to you on your weight loss journey!