Looking for motivation buddies that has +100lbs to loose

I am reinventing the wheel. I am starting slowly by cutting out unhealthy snacking and eating as healthy as I can. But I need helpful and kind motivation to keep me going. No bashing. I already exercise twice a day three times a week and once a day four times a week. 5 hours total.

Replies

• debraah66
    debraah66 Posts: 62 Member
    I started that way a couple of months ago but then went into the liver reduction diet because I may be getting the vertical sleeve in about 5 months. I'm moving forward with it but still not entirely sure if I want to do it. I didn't get on here till about a couple of weeks ago but all together I've lost about 26 pounds. I weigh about 285 now. I was 310 when I started. Could I add you as a friend?
  • ncarroll_18
    ncarroll_18 Posts: 13 Member
    ar3x698jnj6j.jpg
  • ncarroll_18
    I am starting over today as well. It's a new month and a Monday. No better time than now.
    CW 256
    GW 165

I know that's not quite 100 but it's close and I could use the support too!
  • debraah66
    ncarroll May I add you as a friend.
  • ncarroll_18
    Yes
  • debraah66
    Is it okay if I ask you guys where your from? I'm from Saint Joseph Michigan and I'm 52 years old. I'll be 53 in April.
  • ncarroll_18
    I live in Eastern Iowa. I turn 33 on Saturday!
  • ncarroll_18
    Activity Today: Just took a nice 25 minute walk with my dog and husband.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    You can add me if you like. I live close to fayetteville NC
    I just turned 55 a week ago
    sw: 290
    cw: 262
    gw: 150-160
  • annesworthit
    annesworthit Posts: 9 Member
    debraah66 - not that you asked my opinion, but I would strongly advise against the vertical sleeve, or any operation. You've already lost 26 pounds without surgery... that's AWESOME!!! Surgeries so often have complications and it's definitely a risk. No disrespect intended for anybody who has had surgery. I just know a number of people who have had different types of weight loss surgery and not one of them DIDN'T experience some kind of complication. One of my friends still can't process sugar and she hasn't lost a pound because she still eats sugar - she just literally feels sick and falls asleep afterward. You are already doing so great! Keep doing what you're doing - you'll get there! <3
  • mmccray180
    mmccray180 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m from CT, 47 years old. I lost 40 pounds over the past year and then lost motivation and gained 15 back. I’ve started back on track but could use some motivation and support from others trying to lose weight!
  • debraah66
    Activity Today: Just took a nice 25 minute walk with my dog and husband.

That sounds nice. I have to take lots of breaks when I walk because of my knees and back. I did 15 minutes today.
  • debraah66
    debraah66 - not that you asked my opinion, but I would strongly advise against the vertical sleeve, or any operation. You've already lost 26 pounds without surgery... that's AWESOME!!! Surgeries so often have complications and it's definitely a risk. No disrespect intended for anybody who has had surgery. I just know a number of people who have had different types of weight loss surgery and not one of them DIDN'T experience some kind of complication. One of my friends still can't process sugar and she hasn't lost a pound because she still eats sugar - she just literally feels sick and falls asleep afterward. You are already doing so great! Keep doing what you're doing - you'll get there! <3

I appreciate your advice. I've actually been reconsidering having it for different reasons. At the moment going to keep going forward with the program because its what got my stubborness up that I could do this diet. My dr gave me the impression he didn't think I could do it and I did. I feel like if I could do this for 6 months why get surgery? Also I don't like the idea of having to take those suppliments the rest of my life. Thanks for the compliment :)
  • debraah66
    I live in Eastern Iowa. I turn 33 on Saturday!

Happy Birthday!
  • debraah66
    My birthday is the 19th.
  • love_minnie
    love_minnie Posts: 22 Member
    I'm currently sitting at 242 and need to get down to 130ish.

I'm always down for more friends to help motivate me and that I can help motivate as well!!

Feel free to add!
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    I am starting over today as well. It's a new month and a Monday. No better time than now.
    CW 256
    GW 165

CW 256
    GW 165

CW 256
    GW 165

• ncarroll_18
    armjeis6gyf1.jpg