Best anxiety book for my arsenal?

Options
I'm an emotional and binge eater in need of help. Also looking for a great book on anxiety. I'm working with The Binge Code by Alison Kerr and The Happiness Trap (based on ACT) by Russ Harris, I think.

I'd love to add a book on anxiety as my anxiety is really high right now. Does anyone have any to recommend ? Thank you.

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I have From Panic to Power but haven't read it in awhile
  • JaimeJaimeM
    JaimeJaimeM Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Anything by Thich Nhat Hanh I’d recommend for anxiety or stress.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    Hmm, while I am a voracious reader, I don't think I read anything on anxiety. Since starting to practice yoga in 1996, I've transitioned from self-medicating with food to using regular exercise to manage anxiety and depression.

During periods of greater stress, I add more exercise. I don't currently have a gym membership so this is all stuff I do in my house, yard, and woods behind my house.
  • saraonly9913
    saraonly9913 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I have From Panic to Power but haven't read it in awhile

Thank you. I will look into this.
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    Anything by Thich Nhat Hanh I’d recommend for anxiety or stress.

Thank you. Will look into that author
  • saraonly9913
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Hmm, while I am a voracious reader, I don't think I read anything on anxiety. Since starting to practice yoga in 1996, I've transitioned from self-medicating with food to using regular exercise to manage anxiety and depression.

During periods of greater stress, I add more exercise. I don't currently have a gym membership so this is all stuff I do in my house, yard, and woods behind my house.

Thank you for your answer. I do walk 10 miles a day (you'd think that would help) but have so much anxiety I can barely get into the gym. I'm lucky if i get there one time a week. I do not have privacy at home and am too embarrassed and anxious to work out at home. Thank you for bringing up yoga. I know they have classes at the gym. Again the anxiety gets in the way but I guess it's a goal I can strive for.

I also have anxiety in just about everything I do.

(Always striving. Never seeming to move forward.)

Again, thank you for your answer and insight.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    You might find this book helpful: Barlow, D. H. & Craske, M. G. (2006). Mastery of your Anxiety and Panic
    (Workbook, 2nd edition). New York: Oxford University Press