Any ladies or gentleman find true love and a partner after age 30?

Options
2»

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I was previously married from age 25-35.
    But I met my current husband and love of my life at 35.

He was 31 when we met, and although he'd dated quite a lot he had only one *serious* relationship before me and that was at age 21-24.

I think there are advantages to being a little older when you meet. When I think back on my first marriage we struggled a lot with just normal life stuff, navigating jobs and finances and watching our friends "grow up"...so many changes from 25-35. With my current husband, I feel like we have a lot more time & energy for each other and new adventures. We're more stable emotionally & financially. It's great!

FWIW, kids were never in my plans and never will be so I know that does change things in some ways.
  • rosealvarez108
    rosealvarez108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is that even possible? :)
  • tracieknits
    tracieknits Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 30. We've been married 20 years now and are still super happy. :smile:
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I met the love of my life and husband of 14 years 16 years ago at age 35.
  • SaraJ429
    SaraJ429 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I was 36 when I met my wife. I proposed on the second date. We married when I was 38. I will be 65 in a couple of months and I can't picture a life without her. Everything I have achieved has been because of her.

z4f4r0lnwzuv.png

Lovely story and couple! Wish you many more years of health and happiness!
  • SaraJ429
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 30. We've been married 20 years now and are still super happy. :smile:

This gives me hope. Here’s to many more years of health and happiness!
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I was 35 and had just divorced my first husband as he was unfaithful. I moved out with my 2 yr old into a flat and 11 days after my divorce papers came through in the post I met my second husband. I wasn't even looking for anyone so soon.
    I'd done it "properly" first time round. Dated for 2 years, big white wedding etc..but it ended anyway.
    So second time around I had a what the heck life is short attitude.
    Met him on a blind date and my husband proposed after a week and a half of dating and I said yes. I met him June 4th and my son was born June 4th following year at age 36, then another daughter at age 38. So I remarried and had a baby within a year. He has always treated my eldest girl as his own too. We are still happily married at 60.

hz1clvw4skfg.png

hahtx6k6cpie.jpg

• Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm 38. No luck yet. But know of a lady doctor who met her other half on a cruise at age 50. Given the issues my younger sisters have had with long term boyfriends/husbands I feel no great loss.

But I am working on improving my appearance. I know you're just meant to be you and others should love you just the way you are, but I'm seriously greying and dress in cheap, cat hair covered jumpers and dodgy trousers. So I'll be getting my hair dyed properly soon, just started wearing light make up again, losing some weight and built up a capsule wardrobe via ebay/ sales. I've used/am using these as treats for hitting weight loss goals as I go along.

I am, unfortunately, just one of the world's plain folk. I'm well traveled and with plenty to share and I'm inquisitive but that doesn't help when you fail at the first hurdle of good old physical attraction. Not bitter. Much like weight loss, it's something I have the power to change so I'm stopping blaming men and getting myself together.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,321 Member
    Options
    Was in early 30s when I met my wife.. don't rush to find the "right" one.
  • sianysiany398
    sianysiany398 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I turned 31 in March and I'm so single, even single said " Damn your single".

Ever since I have lost weight I have found I don't get any male attention at all, absolutely zero.

Alot of my single friends are in the same situation and we all think there is something wrong with us.

So I decided to just take the opportunity to work on myself and do what I need to do with no distraction.

But some attention would be nice 😂😂😂.
  • SaraJ429
    Options
    JaneAero wrote: »
    I was 35 and had just divorced my first husband as he was unfaithful. I moved out with my 2 yr old into a flat and 11 days after my divorce papers came through in the post I met my second husband. I wasn't even looking for anyone so soon.
    I'd done it "properly" first time round. Dated for 2 years, big white wedding etc..but it ended anyway.
    So second time around I had a what the heck life is short attitude.
    Met him on a blind date and my husband proposed after a week and a half of dating and I said yes. I met him June 4th and my son was born June 4th following year at age 36, then another daughter at age 38. So I remarried and had a baby within a year. He has always treated my eldest girl as his own too. We are still happily married at 60.

hz1clvw4skfg.png

hahtx6k6cpie.jpg

Wow! This is a lovely story... you have a very beautiful family. God bless!
  • SaraJ429
    Options
    Pickle107 wrote: »
    I'm 38. No luck yet. But know of a lady doctor who met her other half on a cruise at age 50. Given the issues my younger sisters have had with long term boyfriends/husbands I feel no great loss.

But I am working on improving my appearance. I know you're just meant to be you and others should love you just the way you are, but I'm seriously greying and dress in cheap, cat hair covered jumpers and dodgy trousers. So I'll be getting my hair dyed properly soon, just started wearing light make up again, losing some weight and built up a capsule wardrobe via ebay/ sales. I've used/am using these as treats for hitting weight loss goals as I go along.

I am, unfortunately, just one of the world's plain folk. I'm well traveled and with plenty to share and I'm inquisitive but that doesn't help when you fail at the first hurdle of good old physical attraction. Not bitter. Much like weight loss, it's something I have the power to change so I'm stopping blaming men and getting myself together.

Not to sound conceited but being beautiful or even conventionally doesn’t guarantee anything either. Just more crap and unwanted attention to wade through!