New (again) add and comment for new friends!

Options
Hi all!
Once upon a time, I lost 32lbs on a weight loss keto journey. Since then I've had major changes; graduated college, moved out of state, now working a full time job and many other things. My lifestyle changed and I gained back almost 15 of what I've lost.
But I'm back on the saddle again and ready to lose some lbs! Add me and comment if you'd like to make new friends. Let motivate each other!

Replies

• flynntt6
    flynntt6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just new and need some motivating as well. Want to get back on track - work has slowly frazzled me and am ready for my holiday in 2 weeks and a break from teaching will do me good. So looking forward to relaxing and enjoying a slower pace on holiday. Good luck with it!!
  • jr_enns
    jr_enns Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Im 4 weeks into the keto life and can always use a friend
  • wheatbaby84
    wheatbaby84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    What is keto? Im sorry idk...
  • jr_enns
    jr_enns Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Its a way of eating. Its not for everyone but i have loved it. Even being an endurance athlete
  • DodgerGirl0480
    DodgerGirl0480 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Can somebody please tell me how to add people lol 😂 I’m very new and trying to find a few people to help lift each other up once in a while.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,667 Member
    Options
    left click on the person's avatar/picture...click again it will take you to their profile ...click on the add button :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    jr_enns wrote: »
    Im 4 weeks into the keto life and can always use a friend

I am also a Keto'er :)
  • DodgerGirl0480
    DodgerGirl0480 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 thanks! ☺️
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @DodgerGirl0480 you're very welcome
  • Mechatree
    Mechatree Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Keto is when you basically reduce your diet to almost no carbs and you avoid sugar (even in fruit). You stick mainly to lean meats and veggies all day, until you're in 'ketosis', which is a fat burning mode. It's difficult, but it works
  • BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mechatree wrote: »

Keto is when you basically reduce your diet to almost no carbs and you avoid sugar (even in fruit). You stick mainly to lean meats and veggies all day, until you're in 'ketosis', which is a fat burning mode. It's difficult, but it works

Technically this is accurate, but I would state it differently. I don’t see it as a reduction at all! Instead you shift your intake from carbs to fat and protein. Fat/protein is far more satiating, and lasting. So I can eat eggs and bacon in the morning, and not be hungry again til it’s time for my next meal.
    The only reason it’s difficult is because we have been intentionally addicted to foods humans were not evolved to consume. Mainly grains and copious amounts of sugar. Remove these and our bodies return to normal wellbeing. It’s a lifestyle, NOT a diet. And this lifestyle offers many sumptuous foods to eat every day!
  • DulcimerPicker
    DulcimerPicker Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'd love a new friend or a few!
  • Aphroditee
    Aphroditee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me 😊
  • BadBanditCA
    BadBanditCA Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Aphroditee wrote: »