Muscle Milk Light compared to other shakes

Options
Ok so my husband started drinking this new Limu Lean shake. Since I like the idea of "fast food" I tried it. I did not like the taste so I started looking into other shakes. From reviews and having tasted some, muscle milk light tasted the best. Everyone keeps telling me that Muscle Milk Light will make you gain weight. I compared the label to a lot of other shakes and foods and I don't see how that would happen. Am I missing something? I do cardio about 5 days a week and occasional light weights. Can someone help me clear this up before I gain a ton of weight trying to lose weight!

Replies

• Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I want to know too...I just started buying muscle milk protein shakes. I have a freind who works at Muscle milk I'm gonna ask her. I will request you as a friend so I can get back to you on the answer. : )
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I use it on occasion. The chocolate and strawberry aren't bad as long as it's cold.

Many people gain weight when doing protein drinks because they CAN be full of calories, so as long as you are within your calorie goals it won't matter.
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    Bump! I just want to see people's response to this bc I'm curious, too. :)
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I had a right sized smoothie today...it was kinda gross lol
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    if you are counting calories to lose weight you will lose weight, if you want to gain then you would count accordingly. to gain you would probably not want to use the 100 calories light shake you would want the regular stuff.
  • Bella_Me
    Options
    That would be awesome! Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering. I figured it would be ok within my cals but I so people were saying it that I got concerned.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The weight gain will come from having a very high protein intake as you'll build muscle. That's why college football players sit down and pound protein rich food and have the shakes on top of that.

Personally I use Muscle Milk (regular) after my workout and I count it in my diary. If my workout is before lunch I'll make sure the food I eat is no/low protein so I'm not doubling up on the protein. Thus I use it as a supplement and I'm still losing weight consistently.

Also, I don't take it everyday. I'd say about twice a week as I prefer to get my protein from AWESOME food like fish, chicken, and turkey :-)
  • JenniCH
    JenniCH Posts: 74
    Options
    I drink 1-2 muscle milk lights per day (before or after a weight-lifting work-out) and it hasn't caused me to gain weight...I count it in as I would any other calories... love it :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I just checked the nutrition info. For a low-fat/low-cal lifestyle, the stats are great. But, it has about 8g net carbs, so it's more than I am willing to give a shake for my low carb lifestyle. I used to drink it though and the vanilla is yummy. If it fits into your program, I'd say go for it, but don't overdo it.
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Cytosport's Muscle Milk lineup of shakes. You'll save some money if you go with Monster Milk and just drink one scoop instead of two scoops of MM Light. But if you want to use it as a meal replacement, then the muscle milk line might be better due to the carbs and added micronutrients.

They all taste great if you put it in a blender along with some ice cubes, water and frozen strawberries.
  • kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    I love Muscle Milk Light...in powder form, not the ready to drink kind. Depending on the flavor i'll use just a half scoop or sometimes a full scoop. I'm just starting back up with dieting again, but I've always used Muscle Milk Light in the past and never gained weight from it, you just need to take the calories into account. Its like 100 calories for 1 scoop.