PEOPLE SUCK. NEAR GOAL EXPERIENCES.

Options
I'm almost at my goal and in the best shape I've ever been in my life. I find it so annoying that people a year ago that were rude or didn't pay any attention to me when I was fat and very out of shape, suddenly want to talk to you and be social. I remember a year ago when I started trying to jog, I would get crazy looks from the fit people that were running, cars honked in crosswalks like I was in the way, don't even get me started with the comments, it was pretty uncomfortable trying to exercise outside. Fast forward a year later, I could run 6 miles and bike 30 and pass those same people like they're standing still. Those people that had an attitude now want to wave when you run past and try to stop and talk. Amazingly, cars have much more patience and always give you the right of way like they're supposed to. People in my community that I've seen for years suddenly are trying to socialize and build relationships. The same people that I've attempted to flirt with in the past are suddenly flirting with me. The funny thing is, I find myself having such an attitude with these people because they just seem so shallow to me. I guess being fat and out of shape is still fresh in my mind. I have to admit, it is very satisfying looking at those same people that in my mind were fit, and now I'm much more fit than they are.

Replies

• kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Run away from those superficial sadistic a-holes!!!!!!
  • rachjones2011
    rachjones2011 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    smh...that's people for ya!
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I vote not forgetting their behaviour when you were fat. There's a reason they care now and didn't back then, it's because they ARE superficial and you don't need them
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I sooo understand where your coming from....People who wouldn' t look my way 6 months ago, now fall in front of me (okay not literally, but you get the point)...Im TOTALLY unimpressed and just laugh!

My husband of almost 12 years loved me at 283 pounds as he loves me at 158 pounds!! :)
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    GOOD FOR YOU!!! people are freaking mean!!
  • evilbanks
    evilbanks Posts: 166
    Options
    Dude, don't let that shiit get to you so much. Enjoy life brother.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Yes they definitely suck. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    At least you know, now you're 'fit', who's nice and who isn't. The rest of them aren't even worth getting p***ed at. Well done!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Flirting I can understand; lacking basic courtesy and respect is something else entirely. If they didn't treat you with respect back then, they definitely seem shallow.
  • leilani♥
    leilani♥ Posts: 579
    Options
    You did an amazing job on your weight loss. Screw those people that wouldn't give you the time of day. Make new fresh friendships :)
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    At least you know them for what they really are. But it's sad that they couldn't look past your appearance. Congrats on coming so far in a year and being healthier and fitter and leaving those jerks in your dust!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Run away from those superficial sadistic a-holes!!!!!!

Sounds like you could lap them a few times over! :wink:

Sad how superficial people can be, but it's in moments like these that you can see a person's true characters and values; makes it easier to figure out who's truly on your side and who's there as a matter of convenience. Great job on achieving your fitness goals...I'm guessing you've exceeded what you thought you could do a year ago and have new ones, so keep working on that progress. For what it's worth, I don't advocate dwelling on negative emotions, but spite can be a pretty good motivator! :devil:

Congratulations on YOUR achievement and cheers!
  • Texas501
    Texas501 Posts: 274
    Options
    It's human nature. The majority of people favor thin people. Don't get me wrong, there are always exceptions, but it's just the norm. If you shun out the majority of people that think that way, you are going to have a lonely existence. It's just fact that thin/attractive people get the raises, get the promotions, get the friends, etc., etc. You want to label these people as superficial, but they're just being human. It's a natural response. Just some food for thought.
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I agree people are mean... Just forget them they were probably just jealous cause your more fit... Just brush them off!! I hate people some times.....
  • fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    People like that don't deserve your time. Its as simple as that.
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    Just dont change who you are. you do not want to become them. Surround yourself with people what have no idea who you are. You did. Great!!! Good job. I am proud of you.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Same thing happened to my husband many years ago. (before we met) Women wouldn't even give him the time of day & then he joined the Marine Corps. When he got out of boot camp the same women were falling all over him. He got a lot of satisfaction of saying no to them!

So don't let it bother you & know that you are worth more than what they think & in the end the only opinion that matters is your own.

Keep up the great work!
  • KristinaD3
    Options
    I was always skinny my whole life until I got pregnant with my 3rd son. I guess as a skinny person I never realized people were like that because I wasn't that way to over weight people. I treated them like I would any size person, big or small. After having my 3rd son that's when I realized ALOT of people aren't so nice or quick to look at someone over weight. It hurt my feelings and now that I'm back down to my prepregnancy weight they are nicer and look again. That right there makes me disgusted since I've been on both sides of the fence and see how other people really are.
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    What happened to society? I mean yes, we live in a superficial world, but when I was growing up, it wasn't as bad you know? EVERYONE who doesn't know how it feels to be in our world & the journey we're going through will never understand what it does to us emotionally.

And yes, easier said than done to not let things get to you... But sometimes.. It just hurts, you know? We're only human.
    With that said.....

Congrats on your weight loss!!!
  • batlou
    batlou Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow, where do you live!? When I started running and was way out of shape, bouncing and jiggling everywhere I found encouragement everywhere I went. Parks, streets, work and friends. The runners and athletes I know will often comment that they encouraged by those that are just out there getting started. I know when I see someone that clearly looks like they are just getting going in fitness I am more apt to give them a thumbs up or "good job". Mostly because I find those people to be the most inspiring to me to continue. Perhaps it's because I have been there, dunno.