Runners/Cardio people (and anyone else!): What's your blood pressure and RHR?

Options
I'm turning into kind of a fitness nerd, I'm sorry. x'D I think this stuff is super interesting.

I've been reading about 'pulse pressure,' which is your systolic blood pressure minus the diastolic blood pressure. (Top number minus bottom number.)

Apparently it's normal for that number to be 40-60. Mine is a bit lower, and I'm wondering if it's related to my resting heart rate being lower (low 50's) and/or the fact that I jog.

My blood pressure was 107/69 when I checked it today, pretty average for me.

What's everyone's blood pressure (and resting heart rate, if you know it?) Do you run? Lift weights? I'm curious! :)

Thanks for the replies guys! <3

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,055 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    On Monday at the doctor's office, 122/84. Sometimes it's lower (1-teens over 70ish), rarely much higher than Monday's since losing weight 4 years back. RHR currently 57 (7 day average per Garmin), which shows several points updrift (from low 50s) as I've been on hiatus for over a month from my regular workouts (rowing, spin, 5-6 days/week) due to knee problems. Ugh.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    Last BP was 105/64 but low is normal for me. According to Apple Watch my RHR today has been 46bpm, and 45-49 on average this last year.

I run three times a week (two road, one trail) and skate quite strenuously once a week for a couple of hours. I'll also do 1-2 other days of machine cardio or 1 day and a hike, and try to get in two abs/upper body strength sessions in also. When it warms up I'll swap some machine stuff out for swimming.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    My heart rate is around 45, blood pressure is about 110/50. Both of these number occasionally will drop lower. Over eating will raise them both (for me anyways)
    I do crossfit, weigh 198, and am 25
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    On Monday at the doctor's office, 122/84. Sometimes it's lower (1-teens over 70ish), rarely much higher than Monday's since losing weight 4 years back. RHR currently 57 (7 day average per Garmin), which shows several points updrift (from low 50s) as I've been on hiatus for over a month from my regular workouts (rowing, spin, 5-6 days/week) due to knee problems. Ugh.

I find it really interesting how you've been able to note that change in RHR. I often wonder how things "tail off" when you switch things up, including muscle tone and the like.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure is around 120/75. Resting heart rate ranges, 65-95. Yea I know it's a bit high but no matter what kind of cardiovascular shape I'm in it's doesn't really go down much. It could be anxiety and genetic related. I am pretty active day to day, cardio (medium to high intensity) twice a week, lifting 3-5x, yoga usually once a week.
  • ShaeSweetness
    ShaeSweetness Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When i was really fit, working out constantly my BP was 116/64 usually with a RHR of 60 just about. Over the course of a year and a new job and a traumatic death in the family i gained 30lbs and now my BP is 130/80 and RHR is about 70. Ive been working out and losing weight so im looking forward to getting back to my low numbers!
  • Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    BP is always right around 110/60s, my resting HR is low 60s. I run 4-6x a week, 3miles to 6 miles daily.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I know you are looking for athletes mostly but I am still in pretty poor shape and I still have a lot of weight to lose and my RHR is 52. I have had nurses and doctors comment on it so I gather that is somewhat unusual. I was also told I have a very strong (pronounced) pulse. I was not sure how to interpret that piece of information.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    RHR according to Garmin is 49, but has been lower. I was actually in the hospital last month and their machines alarm if HR gets too low. The lowest they could set the alarm was 45, and it was still constantly going off. They ended up muting it in the room so I could sleep, but they had to put up with it all the time at their desk. *shrugs* I've been as low as 17, but in hindsight, I think I was having a medical issue that I didn't realize was happening. I thought I was just recovering from a recent hard race, but I now think there was something else happening in light of more recent medical discoveries.

BP I don't get taken enough often enough nor do I pay attention to. I think 120's / 70's last time perhaps?
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    RHR 55.

Blood pressure ranges from 90s/60s to 110/70s. It always runs on the low side.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    gar12kw01lge.jpeg
    This was at the docs office for a checkup after climbing 2 flights of stairs. My normal resting heart rate is 44 bpm. I’m a runner.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    The lowest it’s been where I feel like my regular self is 70s/40s. When I use a lot of salt in my food I can get it up to 100-120/60s. I’ve been diagnosed with low blood pressure which causes me to have fainting spells. I’m actually on a medication that’s meant to increase the amount of salt and blood in my body to stop the fainting but I still have to do my part of adding plenty of salt to my diet. I dance and use the elliptical regularly. I just added lifting to my list of activities. My RHR is between high-40s to mid-60s.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I find it really interesting how you've been able to note that change in RHR. I often wonder how things "tail off" when you switch things up, including muscle tone and the like.

I've noted similar things, it's fairly common from what I can tell which makes sense. Ray Maker (of DCRainmaker) can apparently somewhat accurately predict when he's getting sick based off of changes in his RHR.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    RHR 54
    BP 111/67

My cholesterol is atrocious, though...genetically bad... :s
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    115/75, but that was taken at the dentist's office, so I was pretty anxious.

RHR bounces around in the 50s and goes into the 60s if my training load decreases too much.

Cyclist and Nordic skier. Lift 3x per week.
  • jnomadica
    jnomadica Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    100-110/60 BP, 68 RHR
    I lift, do some metabolic conditioning work outs, and average 12K steps per day.
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My last blood donation had me at 104/66. I took it the other day at Walmart and I was 100/60. RHR is low 50's.

I actually get dizzy at times with it being low. But, not much I can do.

I run 4-5 days a week and strength train a few days a week as well.