Weight gain after Chemotherapy

Options
After loosing almost 60 lbs in 2017
I ended up gaining it all back within 5 months. I couldn’t even believe it!
On September 11,2018 I was diagnosed with Cancer “double hit lymphoma.” I was told I had 3 months to live without treatment. This was heartbreaking.
I immediately went looking for a oncologist. Md Anderson immediately took me in. I later endured an aggressive chemotherapy regimen which required 6 steroids per day & many hospital stays causing me rapid weight gain.
This side effects is the most unbearable overall. Not to mention I’d become depressed after loosing all my hair.
Today I am in complete remission and looking forward to getting my life back. I’m thankful to God for giving me another chance at life.
Living healthy is my goal and getting back on track.
So,here I am again back on my weigh loss journey. If I could loose 60 lbs once I can loose it again.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Good luck
  • Maaike84
    Maaike84 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request. I was diagnosed with non-hodgkins lymphoma during my pregnancy, so after giving birth and finishing treatment (also complete remission) I also had a bunch of weight to lose, and still have some. So hard to struggle with changing bodies and then also the fact that you have to deal with the hair loss... it takes time but for me I have already come such a long way, you will too!