Tired all the time after change in eating habits

Options

Replies

• superkitcat
    superkitcat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    founds like you cut your calories too fast and cutting carbs while it will "jumpstart" that is because it will be water weight and as soon as you reintroduce carbs you'll see a slight uptick

when you were eating 1800-2000 were you logging EVERYTHING?

I log everything. I plan all my meals in advance and I cook from scratch. I know what I am going to eat even before I eat it. It's a lot of work. I don't eat anything boxed, nothing fried. Even when I eat out, I make the healthy choices. I have a feeling I am putting my body into starvation mode, hence the thought of seeing a nutritionist.

starvation mode do not exist and adaptive thermogensis takes a while to have that kind of effect

are you using the recipe builder when you cook from scratch? are you using cups/tsp rather than g/oz? even so-called healthy choices when eating out can be calorie-tastic

ok - good. I'm glad to hear that. I use cups and tsp. I learnt long ago that US measurements are different than Canadian measurements. I hear you about that eating healthy out is heard because you are not cooking it yourself so technically you really don't know what you are eating. I'm glad there a re more and more restaurnats that give you the nutritional value on their menus. it helps a little.
  • superkitcat
    Options
    lin_be wrote: »
    165, 5"7, as of now Just walking 3X times a week 3.5km and 38. I said I wanted to lose 25 to 30 lbs in a year or so. I wanted this change to jump start the weight loss and after April 19 to slowly introduce the whole grains. I was eating 1800 to 2000 calories when working out with a trainer twice a week and on my own 1 or twice a week. It varied. Now that I'm not, I don't see the point. Don't I have to keep a deficit of 500 calories to see some changes?

We have almost identical stats. I am 5’7”, 162, trying to get to 145. I’d suggest changing it to .5lb/week. I’m netting 1600 right now and still losing. I also walk a ton. Are you eating those walking calories back? If not, make sure that you do.

1200 is personally unachievable for me.

So you eat all you calories back or just a portion?
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    165, 5"7, as of now Just walking 3X times a week 3.5km and 38. I said I wanted to lose 25 to 30 lbs in a year or so. I wanted this change to jump start the weight loss and after April 19 to slowly introduce the whole grains. I was eating 1800 to 2000 calories when working out with a trainer twice a week and on my own 1 or twice a week. It varied. Now that I'm not, I don't see the point. Don't I have to keep a deficit of 500 calories to see some changes?

We have almost identical stats. I am 5’7”, 162, trying to get to 145. I’d suggest changing it to .5lb/week. I’m netting 1600 right now and still losing. I also walk a ton. Are you eating those walking calories back? If not, make sure that you do.

some people have success eating all calories back, others a portion - some ppl find that MFP overestimates calories burned from working out
  • superkitcat
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    founds like you cut your calories too fast and cutting carbs while it will "jumpstart" that is because it will be water weight and as soon as you reintroduce carbs you'll see a slight uptick

when you were eating 1800-2000 were you logging EVERYTHING?

I log everything. I plan all my meals in advance and I cook from scratch. I know what I am going to eat even before I eat it. It's a lot of work. I don't eat anything boxed, nothing fried. Even when I eat out, I make the healthy choices. I have a feeling I am putting my body into starvation mode, hence the thought of seeing a nutritionist.

If you want to eat this way that is fine, but it's 100% unnecessary to make yourself miserable to lose weight.

No on the starvation mode, but I think that's already been addressed.

I am not miserable and I am not hungry. Obviously I am doing something wrong. Some people have given me great advise here of what I am doing wrong and I appreciate their insight.
  • superkitcat
    Options
    wrote: »
    b08didy0biie.jpg

Thanks a lot tinkerbellang83

• lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options

All of them. I do underestimate some exercises though when I input them into MFP (cycling and sports). I also typically use the following formula for my walk calories burned: weight in lbs x miles walked x .33