p90x is my HRM right

Options
Hope it's still working?? So I burned 700 calories doing Shoulders, Arms and Ab ripper and last time I don;y did like 450 or 500
I did use weights this time instead of bands... so could that be it?
I weigh 205 if that helps but I'm busting my *kitten* in the work outs and just want to make sure it's accurate?
Also I did 800 Yest during PLYO and someone sent me a message and asked it that was accurate because he only does 600 usually.

Today My Avg was 121 and max was 157 92% of the time..

PLYO 800 calories
Max was 186
Avg was152

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Seems right to me, however, you need to make sure you check your heart rate frequently, to make sure the calorie burn is accurate! I wish I would have known that when I first started p90x, cuz my first workout was over 1000 calories burned! LOL
  • Deon918
    Deon918 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i think your hrm is correct
  • SRGutierrez
    Options
    That seems right, especially the plyo. I use a 20 lb vest during ploy & it gives me upward of 1000 cal. burned during ....so yeah it seems correct. Also, do u use a hrm with or without the chest strap? The ones with the chest strap are more accurate since it's constantly taking your hr & not intermittently like the one which don't have it..just my 2 cents.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hope it's still working?? So I burned 700 calories doing Shoulders, Arms and Ab ripper and last time I don;y did like 450 or 500
    I did use weights this time instead of bands... so could that be it?
    I weigh 205 if that helps but I'm busting my *kitten* in the work outs and just want to make sure it's accurate?
    Also I did 800 Yest during PLYO and someone sent me a message and asked it that was accurate because he only does 600 usually.

Today My Avg was 121 and max was 157 92% of the time..

PLYO 800 calories
    Max was 186
    Avg was152

seems pretty good, but keep in mind the HRM assumes you are working 100% of the time it is on, so it will be slighly over estimating your burn, as there are short rests in between exercises. HRM's are more accurate with constant cardio type exercise. On top of this slight over estimate HRM's give you total calories burned which includes BMR, so you should actually back out maintenance calories from the HRM readout and enter that into MFP.

So if your maintenance is 2400 cals you would burn 1.67 cals/minute while not working out so if your workout was 75minutes you should back out 125 (1.67*75) from the 700 and enter 575 as the calories you burned from exercise, as the 125 you would have burned anyway and is included in your MFP caloric intake.