Options
2»

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I remember as a teen slathering on baby oil and climbing onto the roof to try to tan.

I've never tanned well, and like my pasty skin now. I get a few freckles if I try, but I don't think I have much melanin or something, I am not capable of tanning.

I wear sunscreen on my face and neck every day. In the summer on my arms, hands and feet
    ...never on my legs tho, 'cause that's just too much trouble?

To the bolded, I find I really like the spray on sunscreen. It saves lots of time for sure, and the mosquitoes leave me alone when I have it on. To me, the coppertone kind sprays on the best and most evenly and dries pretty fast. I usually use the spf 50 because that's what the tear free kids stuff in the green bottle comes in. Spraying myself with something different than I'm using on the kids is usually just too time consuming when we're all trying to get ready to get in the pool =)

I use baby sunscreen, figure it's the gentlest
    ...but maybe I'm wrong, I guess babies can't tell you

I do the same because my skin can be sensitive, and because I figure the quality control for infant products is probably better.

What is dislike about sunscreen is that it seems to prevent skin cooling by sweat. Particularly annoying when you're outdoors in the heat... I wouldn't need sunscreen if I was sitting in a nice airconditioned building now would I?
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I used to love going to the tanning bed when I was younger, get a great tan for little effort. And then a few years later, I got diagnosed with melanoma skin cancer. Luckily it was early stage and they got it all, but it could've easily killed me, as it spreads quickly and aggressively.

If you spend a lot of time in the sun or must go to the tanning beds, PLEASE be sure to get your skin checked by a dermatologist at least once a year. I never thought it could be me, until it was me.