Had to buy bigger clothes...

Options
I spent the day shopping for bigger clothes. I am watching my calories, sticking to 1200 calories without eating back my exercise calories, using my elliptical and gaining weight. Go me...

I just don’t lose on 1200 calories. I am pretty sure it has something to do with me having an eating disorder in my younger days. My body learned to use less calories. I did a few calculators online and it said I need to be in the 1000 range to lose weight.

I am being so exact that today I drank a margarita so I have only eaten chicken and fajita vegetables as my only meal.

I feel like I am destined to have to exist on eating salads with no meat and dressing for the rest of my life, in order to get my slim body back. Or spend hours a day working out.

Replies

• Libby283
    Libby283 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    5’3” and 170.
  • Libby283
    Options
    I am ok with weighing food. Four years ago I dropped down to 128 when my iud was expired. I started gaining when I got a new one. I did do a lot of 800 -1000 calorie days though.

• h7463
    h7463 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Libby283 wrote: »
    I am ok with weighing food. Four years ago I dropped down to 128 when my iud was expired. I started gaining when I got a new one. I did do a lot of 800 -1000 calorie days though.

If that's one with hormones, try one without. Maybe that'll work better for you. Best of luck!
  • Libby283
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I have been hovering at this weight 168-171 since January 28th. I was 163 December 26th.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,946 Member
    Options
    There are mistakes that people commonly make that cause them to not lose weight that we might be able to spot if you change your Diary Sharing settings to Public: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/diary_settings