Looking for late night chat friends

Options
I am on a great med for my depression, but the downside is it keeps me up really late and I get bored being the only one up, so I end up binging on cheese and nuts and the like, while watching old shows on Hulu.

Anyone else have trouble with night eating and want to be support/motivation buddies? I am a mom of 2 boys and I love cooking and competitive reality TV (like Survivor or Amazing race). I am a big dog lover and a proud collie-ma as well (yes, that is a Temple of Doom joke - I am a total cornball!)

Anyway, hoping to find a friend or two who can help me keep on track. Peace!

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    What time zone are you in? (Asking for the general audience, not for chatting purposes. :wink: )
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Because it's mid-morning where I am. Is it nighttime there?
  • Annemariezonderma
    Annemariezonderma Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, I was going to ask the same question :-)
  • MarilynTC
    MarilynTC Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    USA Eastern time zone. Sorry about that!!!
  • vyadavalli
    vyadavalli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am In EST
  • MarilynTC
    Options
    And . . . I am the only one awake. AGAIN. Resisting the urge to eat cheese and such. Watching Sabrina on Netflix - had no idea season 2 dropped! Yay!
  • wakeccurn
    wakeccurn Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    well, not the ONLY one!
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    It is difficult to be up late.... the boredom of watching tv makes me get up and act like a starving grizzly bear rummaging through the refrigerator!
  • MarilynTC
    Options
    I know, right wakeccurn? I am fighting it for now.
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    That's great! lol It's a challenge! How's your night going otherwise?
  • MarilynTC
    Options
    Not bad, thanks. Got everyone's lunches ready for tomorrow and I didn't lick any knives or sample anything to make sure it isnt poison - lol! Cleaned all the dishes and got the coffee set up.

I could probably fold towels during Sabrins to keep my hands busy. If I was inclined to be even more industrious. Haha!

How are you doing @wakeccurn ?
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    Doing well... Just got back on MFP after giving up on it a while ago... I have never been much of an online person. I hear that Sabrina is pretty good. How old are your kids?
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    My son is graduating with his Bachelors in Computer Science May 3! I am so excited for him
  • MarilynTC
    Options
    My boys are six and eight. My older son has ADHD and autism, so every day is a challenge. He is high-functioning, very smart, but very socially backward. He doesn't pick up on social queues, which can get frustrating.

Sabrina is campy fun. Dark, but fun at the same time. I liked Sabrina comics as a kid and was stoked when I heard Netflix was making a series. I enjoy it much more than the Riverdale series based loosely on Archue comics.
  • MarilynTC
    Options
    @wakeccurn is your husband wearing a kilt in your pic? My husband wore his tartan for our wedding!
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    I dated a woman who had a high functioning autistic daughter... I bet it can be quite frustrating. But we care for our babies (regardless of age!) B) I wasn't a fan of Archie comics but I will be getting around to the Sabrina series soon. Have you ever watched "This is Us"?
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    lol... Yes I am wearing a kilt... :smiley:
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    LOL
  • wakeccurn
    Options
    We got married a year and a half ago...
  • MarilynTC
    Options
    Oops, sorry! Darn me for making assumptions!
    Lol!

Awesome attire! Love the kilt! And congrats on a year and a half! We are now almost 18 years. Our anniversary is Cinco de Mayo. My dream is to fit back into my wedding dress by 20.