Omg

Options
kpaing121
kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
I’ve done calorie diet for a week with moderate exercise and I’m the same weight as I started so fed up

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,960 Member
    Options
    kpaing121 wrote: »
    I’ve done calorie diet for a week with moderate exercise and I’m the same weight as I started so fed up

ha. So what's your plan? It works if you have set your goals reasonably and if you are logging accurately and if you give it time, consistency and patience.

Tell us your stats and we can help you figure out what's going on. Height, weight, gender, calorie intake? Open your food page so we can take a look at your logging. If you are at the right calorie goal and logging accurately and it isn't working in a month, you'll need to eat less - bottom line.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    In your other post you mention wanting to lose half a stone. with so little to lose (so i assume well within your healthy weight range) much of the lose is likely to be covered by water weight fluctuations. I recommend weighing a bit more than weekly and using a weight rending app to see the TREND of your weight VS day to day numbers.

I'm also within health weight range and on the last 1-2lbs. my day to day weigh often goes up. i can spike down 2lbs one day then spend the rest of that week up 2lbs. based on time of month, what i ate, how much food is in my system, etc. What keeps me going is tracking my weight daily and seeing the trend. and having done this for a many months I know that the day to day "up's" or "no change" are actually meaningless in the big picture. I look at trend over time.

I also need to be SUPER accurate on weighing and logging all foods. little to no wiggle room when losing small amounts.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you expect to lose in a week?
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    One week?

Come back after four weeks and if you have seen no progress, you are eating more than you think.

This.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    There is absolutely no sort of conclusion you can draw from just a week. Your body naturally fluctuates way too much normally during that time. Give it a month and then see.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    One whole week huh?
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG OMG
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    You need to be patient and give it more time! I saw no change on the scale for 3 weeks when I first started logging. This process is not a quick fix, changes happen over time —patience and consistency!