Options

Replies

• Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Songs that get me every time:

The little Girl- Joh MIcheal Montgomery
    Where Have You Been- Kathy Matea
    The Christmas Shoes - Various Artists (I think)
    Roses for MaMa- C.W. McCall

It's usually the country songs, lol. I was listening to country classics one day and found myself feeling very depressed. I wasn't sure if I chose sappy country music because I was depressed, or if I was depressed because I chose sappy country music.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breathe Me by Sia. I can usually get through the song without crying but not the video from Six Feet Under's series finale.
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You hold me without touch...keep me without chains
    set me free..leave me be...i don't want fall another moment into your gravity
    (its about addiction)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFP9Oesb5OI
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    not huge fan..but this one gets me..reminds me of a break up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWIbIe0N90
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    kimber0607 wrote: »
    not huge fan..but this one gets me..reminds me of a break up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJWIbIe0N90

oh yeah. I hear that. I got divorced after 9 years of marriage and it was pretty mutual, very amicable, etc, but that song is still the ONLY song that ever made me cry about it...
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    Harry Chapin - Cat's in the cradle

This song never bothered me until I had a son.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I cried a lot about different things when I was a kid, then one day just sorta stopped. I've cried at a few funerals, but otherwise I've often wondered if that's just part of me that's broken. Anyway, all that to preface "I've been thinking about this since I first saw the topic and can't come up with a song that makes me cry, even as much as I wanted to participate"

Sorry
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Breathe Me by Sia. I can usually get through the song without crying but not the video from Six Feet Under's series finale.

omg yessssssss 😭
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of songs that have brought me to tears.
    But there aren't any that get me every time.
  • angermouse
    angermouse Posts: 102 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

same here. when I was a teenager I did my work experience in a recording studio around the corner from my dads house, then go round to visit him after. I sang the Bette Middler song Wind beneath my wings whilst there. I used to sing it all the time.

he died suddenly four years ago this may and since then I cant hear or sing that song. it just reminds me of him and how close I was to him when I was at the studio. and I never got to tell him he was my hero as the words to the song remind me.

I have a quote on my wall that says:

'' When you're happy
    you enjoy the music
    but when you're sad
    you understand the lyrics
    ''
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    There are a lot of songs that have brought me to tears.
    But there aren't any that get me every time.

This use to be me, till last year. Long story but my BFF's 19 year daughter, who thought of me as more of an aunt than her real aunts, passed from Cystic Fibrosis. We chose Scotty McCreery's 5 More Minutes as one of her funeral songs, I can't even get 30 seconds into it without ugly crying.
  • angermouse
    angermouse Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    @JustPassingTime it doesn't have to be a sad song that tears you up, can be any song that brings a memory I suppose, could cry happy tears too. in my case id left it too long to make amends so my tears are sad.
    I also have a song that I relate to/ get upset to but cry angry tears.
  • kpaing121
    kpaing121 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Candle in the wind Elton John and one from dirty dancing not sure the name she’s like a ?
  • NotSo_LittleRichard
    NotSo_LittleRichard Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I am crying just reading everything that makes you all cry.

For myself it's probably Butterfly Kisses

I absolutely love this song. When I was younger it made me want to have a baby girl and I use to imagine just lazy Sundays outside with her just laying on my chest. sigh
  • Pour_Decisions
    Pour_Decisions Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Big Poppa by Biggie Smalls :joy:
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    DWBalboa wrote: »

This song gets to me too. I have a husband who travels for work most weeks, and has missed out on much of our three sons' childhoods.

Also my husband drove by the accident on the Long Island Expressway that claimed Harry Chapin's life. (Technically he was a passenger...as he was too young to drive at the time.) He saw the emergency vehicles on the side of the road, and realized what he had passed when he watched the evening news that night.
  • smms0714
    smms0714 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn