Partner not interested...

Options

Replies

• OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    OrangeBlossomSpecial21 Posts: 149 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My husband is trying to gain as i am trying to lose... such is life!

You just do you :drinker:

Same here lol, my husbands a smaller fella so he’s always trying to pack on weight. When we graduated he was 120 pounds. Though I fatten him up some, since living together I got him to 160 lol.

People trying to gain weight 🤬 😂
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My husband watches the kid so I can have time to go to the gym. I am the cook, so now his stuck eating mostly chicken and veggies. He would complain every so often that his chickened out. Haha!
    I'm influencing/pushing him to get healthy and lose some weight, especially his beer belly. His dad died last year from heart complications. We are devastated about it.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,792 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My husband has recently gained about 20lbs since I started losing weight, and not in a bulk, he just isnt working construction anymore, and still eats like her is, so hes packing on the pounds. I bought a new lifting set up that he said he wanted also so he could start lifting with me, that was a month ago, I think he grabben my lat pull down bar and did one pull down and said "wow, thats a lot of weight, you can pull that?" and that was it, hasnt touched it at all besides that, lol.
  • horton1426
    horton1426 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    When I hit 50 I decided to start working on dropping some weight. It's tough to get my wife involved because she feels pressured and it has the opposite affect. If I just do my thing, she seems to come along. I'm hoping she notice and decide to make some changes on her own.
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My husband starts to join in but gives up pretty quickly. He has enrolled in exercise classes and gyms. He has followed my eating pattern and lost a ton only to go back to sugar and chips.
    That being said I can either let it bother me and sit in the house with him or keep doing what I am doing. I am going to keep doing what works for me. If he starts to follow along and adopt a healthier lifestyle, great. If he doesn't totally up to him. I will keep asking if he wants to join me on walks or outside and I continue to cook good meals.
    You can only lead, they don't have to follow.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Same here lol, my husbands a smaller fella so he’s always trying to pack on weight. When we graduated he was 120 pounds. Though I fatten him up some, since living together I got him to 160 lol.

lol I know! I wish I had this problem. Weight sticks to me as if I’m Velcro lmao. His metabolism is just so fast he can eat anything and lose weight. He has to track to pack his face with three course meals every meal plus snacks to get to 160.
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options

lol I know! I wish I had this problem. Weight sticks to me as if I’m Velcro lmao. His metabolism is just so fast he can eat anything and lose weight. He has to track to pack his face with three course meals every meal plus snacks to get to 160.

You and me both. No offense, but I hate the *kitten* 😂
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    I did not write *kitten* there lol

BTW, you’re quite beautiful
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

Lol no it puts kitten anytime you put a swear word lol.
    And thank you!
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options

Lol no it puts kitten anytime you put a swear word lol.
    And thank you!

Ah...lol. Makes sense. And you’re most welcome 😬
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    My husband has no interest in losing weight. I just 44 lbs gone. He will sit down next to me with a bowl of ice cream not even realizing what a dirty move it is. He doesn't do it to be difficult he just doesn't get it. That is why I find myself on here a lot...Making friends with people that have similar goals. It helps so much.

Happens at my house, too. I just say "No thank you" and move on. Recently I've started making a protein slushie as an ice cream substitute. Gets me more protein and satisfies that craving for something cold and tasty.

• rickiimarieee
    Options
    My husband has no interest in losing weight. I just 44 lbs gone. He will sit down next to me with a bowl of ice cream not even realizing what a dirty move it is. He doesn't do it to be difficult he just doesn't get it. That is why I find myself on here a lot...Making friends with people that have similar goals. It helps so much.

Happens at my house, too. I just say "No thank you" and move on. Recently I've started making a protein slushie as an ice cream substitute. Gets me more protein and satisfies that craving for something cold and tasty.

I don’t know if y’all count macros or calories but if you enjoy chocolate ice cream, breyers make 70 calorie fudge bars!
  • rickiimarieee
    Options

If you count calories and don’t mind having ice cream and enjoy chocolate ice cream, breyers makes a 70 calorie fudge ice cream bar!
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options

I don’t know if y’all count macros or calories but if you enjoy chocolate ice cream, breyers make 70 calorie fudge bars!

Thanks for the tip, Ricki! I'll look for those. My challenge will be "Just eat one." HAHA! ;)
  • scribblemoma
    scribblemoma Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Oh man I’m so glad my husband and I are 100% on the same page with our fitness plans! We lift and do cardio together and all our macros are in sync (though he eats more). We often work out together at home and it’s a lot of fun getting stronger! If I mention a run outside he drops what he’s doing and laces up to join me and vice versa. I’m not sure what I’d do if he wasn’t on board and we weren’t motivating each other 😳
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd journey of weightloss. I was big when my husband and I met lost 100lbs. Then gained it back with a baby!! Then lost it all again!! Kept it off for 3 years!! Then another baby!!! When she was born my thyroid went crazy and so did my husband!! He called me fat and made the mental struggle even harder than it was before!! Took 6 years to get off 65!! Last fall I got made and just started working hard lost 35lbs!! Now I lost what I gained in winter and I am pushing for the sexiest I can be!! Hubby stopped calling me fat...but the echos are there. Just like my parents and family when I was young. Made me wanna stay fat just so that none of em would be happy....now I wanna feel better *kitten* what they think and I'm rocking this *kitten* on my own like I always have!!!
  • BuiltLikeAPeep
    BuiltLikeAPeep Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I think my husband is trying to sabotage me- he has a LOT of insecurities and I don't think he's doing it on purpose (I hope he's not doing it on purpose) He's not a big junk food junkie usually- aside from potato chips and cheetos- but all of a sudden (since I've lost 10 lbs and have exhibited a ton of self control that I didn't have before) he wants cakes and cookies and to eat from my favorite Chinese restaurant. I just have to say no (except to the Chinese food- I just measure out servings and put the rest away for another meal. Each plate is 4 servings!) So what I'm trying to say in such a long-winded way, is that you have to do this for yourself, and sometimes by yourself.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    ...Made me wanna stay fat just so that none of em would be happy....now I wanna feel better *kitten* what they think and I'm rocking this *kitten* on my own like I always have!!!

Just a side note: I think it's hilarious MFP replaces dirty words with *kitten* :D
  • JasJaworska
    JasJaworska Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Mine drinks beer and doesn't care haha, he keeps saying he's not able to pick me up so I keep making jokes that this polski will be able to lift him up instead B)
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    Mine drinks beer and doesn't care haha, he keeps saying he's not able to pick me up so I keep making jokes that this polski will be able to lift him up instead B)

Lol