Partner not interested...

Options
13»

Replies

• InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My hubby and I both workout, he focuses a lot more on building muscle and doesn't worry so much about his weight but as long as he's lifting he maintains a healthy weight. It is frustrating to see him gain a few pounds when he travels for work (he's on the road sometimes 2 - 3 weeks at a time) and get home and drop it so fast just by eating the same things I eat. His ability to shed pounds makes me jealous LOL
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    ... that you have to do this for yourself, and sometimes by yourself.

True dat.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Jamie2663 wrote: »
    My husband has no interest in losing weight. I just 44 lbs gone. He will sit down next to me with a bowl of ice cream not even realizing what a dirty move it is. He doesn't do it to be difficult he just doesn't get it. That is why I find myself on here a lot...Making friends with people that have similar goals. It helps so much.

Happens at my house, too. I just say "No thank you" and move on. Recently I've started making a protein slushie as an ice cream substitute. Gets me more protein and satisfies that craving for something cold and tasty.

I don’t know if y’all count macros or calories but if you enjoy chocolate ice cream, breyers make 70 calorie fudge bars!

Thanks for the tip, Ricki! I'll look for those. My challenge will be "Just eat one." HAHA! ;)

I thought so too but they’re actually pretty big for the amount of calories!
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs. My husband wants to lose weight as well, but is having a harder time getting motivated. He is still super supportive of me though!! All I can do it try to encourage him. We'll see what happens!
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Ziaki wrote: »
    My husband and I both float around in weight.

At one point we were both trying to lose and it was frustrating because he wanted me to do all the annoying work, calorie counting and stuff for him. It was obnoxious. It's enough of a pain to do it for myself. It's actually easier if we just both do our own thing and I don't have to worry about what he's eating.

Luckily I'm the one that cooks and does the shopping. So I decide what's for dinner and I can keep myself in control. If he wants something else he can go get it or eat it while I'm at work or otherwise not around.

We don't keep junk in the house. No snacks (besides fruits and veggies) and no pop. If he wants any of that he goes and gets it while I'm not around.

I would likely have hit mine in the head with a frying pan :smiley:
  • thenewkayla
    thenewkayla Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend encourages me but does not healthy so it can be hard. When I'm eating an apple and he has cake lol but he will go on walks with me and wants us to join the gym next month.
  • MyFreakingNameIsScott
    MyFreakingNameIsScott Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    At first my wife was the opposite of helpful and would almost shame me for changing things. Eventually she stopped. I now Meal Prep for the week for most of my meals (I have a weird schedule so it’s also necessary as I also do IF). Every once in a while she will buy things she knows I can’t say no to but for the most part she respects my diet. Me on the other hand....not so much but that’s another thread.
  • OrangeBlossomSpecial21
    Options
    My boyfriend encourages me but does not healthy so it can be hard. When I'm eating an apple and he has cake lol but he will go on walks with me and wants us to join the gym next month.

Sounds like he’s starting to make an effort...so that’s good.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Weight and body image is intensely personal even with in relationships. You do you, set a good but not judgmental example and love her for her <3.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @PhilLanides You just do you. Exactly. Do the best you possible, and she'll eventually figure out that when people do the best them, they are the happiest.