Women 200lb+, Let's Show April Who's Boss!!!

Options

Replies

• DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I just found this thread (yeah!) and want the accountability for April.

OSW: 238.8 (Oct. 5, 2018)
    CW: 212.6
    GW #1: 197 (eventually 150)

Goals for April:
    -Run 3X / week, training for a 5K May 4th
    -Strength train 2X / week
    -Walk my dog daily
    -Drink 8-12 glasses water daily
    93058 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello, I too just found this thread. I also need accountability. I am in.
    SW: 223
    CW: 216.6
    GW #1: onderland

Goals for the month:
    walk 3-6 days a week
    stay within my calories
    quit binging on sugar
    drink water
    lose 5-6 lbs

• IsETHome
    IsETHome Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    lisa196922 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    Just starting today. April 8th

SW 266
    CW 266
    GW 135

Goals this month
    Cut out fast foods and sweets
    Log everything
    Drink more water
    Run or Zumba 3 x per week (3 hours)

This is my heaviest weight ever.

Lisa OH

Welcome Lisa - the journey will be long, but sooo worth it.
  • IsETHome
    Options
    Well I posted a status on my phone, but I don't think it took - I'm on my PC now. Bottom line, I had surgery this past Friday, and my body is not back to normal. I had water gain and recovery/trauma healing gain I guess. The anesthesiologist said my metabolism would slow, but there is no way in 5 days I gained 6-10 lbs, so I'm going to have to let my body settle out. I probably won't take an official reading for 3 weeks post operation. Its a bit frustrating, because I was soo close to wonderland, but I have to compartmentalize this. I needed the surgery, I'm still mobile, but just taking it a bit slower for the next 2 weeks.
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Today is weigh in day for me. I'm down another two pounds.

CW: 233.2 - getting there, one day at a time!!

Connie in KY
  • IsETHome
    Options
    Progress, start of week 3 in April
    :
    Highest Recorded ever with clothes 242 June 2018
    SW on MFP 236, Nov 2019
    CW 202.4 (Down 2 lbs this month)
    Phase 1 GW 190
    By April 30 - weigh in wonderland 199.7

Refocused Goals

Continue to focus on reducing stress.
    Not meeting yet, only partly: Not eat late 5 of 7 days a week//shifting dinner earlier.
    Meeting: Continue to log everyday, focus on hitting calorie goals constantly
    Meeting: Swim 3-5 times a week
    Not meeting: Low impact aerobics (15 minutes) at home 2-3 times a week. However, I have added extra 20-25 mins of walking on days I don't swim.
  • MollMoll821
    MollMoll821 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

Just found this thread and would love to join in a little belatedly. Could really use some friends on her for motivation!

OSW: 285
    SW: 267
    CW: 262.1
    GW #1: 199

My April goals are:
    Log everyday
    Hit 10k steps everyday
    Get back into yoga
  • RavenStCloud
    RavenStCloud Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Okay. Last week goals:
    Log meals 7/7
    Strength 2/2
    Swim 0/3 but did 1 cardio day in the gym

This morning I was cleared by my doctor to go swimming again after getting an ear infection and I'm SOOOO ready to go back in the pool! I did an extra day on the elliptical to get in some cardio this past week.

Next week, I'm hopeful that I'll get 100% on all my goals!
  • Aria603
    Aria603 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just saw this thread -- Want in from 4/1

SW April: 296.4
    CW: 295.4
    GW: 150
    April goal: -5lbs

LOG EVERY DAY
    Exercise at least 3 times a week for 30 minutes
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Day one. SW 204

GW by end of the month under 200 anything under
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ask a crazy question, but I want to see how everybody else deals with this. I weigh myself naked or in underwear only when I'm at home. I always weigh before I go to the doctor just to see what the difference is. My doctor's office weighs everybody with clothes AND shoes. I tried to take my shoes off once and was told it was unsanitary. So, I weigh 3 lbs more at the doctor's office. They never subtract for clothing or shoes. If you don't wear the same clothes and shoes, it affects the weight. I've been yelled at for gaining a pound when I went from summer clothes to winter clothes. My idea of how much weight I've lost and what her scale says will be different because I have no clue what clothes I wore the last time.

I should probably quit stressing and let it go!

Connie in KY
  • RavenStCloud
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »
    I'm going to ask a crazy question, but I want to see how everybody else deals with this. I weigh myself naked or in underwear only when I'm at home. I always weigh before I go to the doctor just to see what the difference is. My doctor's office weighs everybody with clothes AND shoes. I tried to take my shoes off once and was told it was unsanitary. So, I weigh 3 lbs more at the doctor's office. They never subtract for clothing or shoes. If you don't wear the same clothes and shoes, it affects the weight. I've been yelled at for gaining a pound when I went from summer clothes to winter clothes. My idea of how much weight I've lost and what her scale says will be different because I have no clue what clothes I wore the last time.

Connie in KY

Omg, this. I definitely weigh myself naked (and after I've gone to the bathroom) every Monday morning. But I'm never sure how accurate it is.

So this Monday, I had to go to the doctor's office before I went to the gym. So I weighed myself again with shoes and clothes on right before I left the house and when I got to the doctor's five minutes later, their digital scale said I was 2lbs heavier than I was at home.

Then I went home and changed into my workout clothes and sneakers. I weighed myself again. Then five minutes later in the locker room, their (old fashioned doctor's slide) scale said I was 4lbs heavier than I just was at home.

So instead of stressing, I've basically just decided that my simple digital scale is the most accurate for me. Not because I weigh the least on it, but because it knows me/I know it the best. Does that make sense?
  • twosteplove
    twosteplove Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Reading all your goals and accomplishments is so inspiring!! I have gained 30 pounds this year from unhealthy eating and lack of exercise after starting my Nurse Practitioner/Certified Nurse-Midwife job and finishing my DNP. I commute an hr and a half to work daily and all that time sitting in the car has not helped. I was already overweight and now it is completely out of control. I accomplished my school/career goals now its time to focus on my health. I want to be a better example for my patients and my daughters. I am just getting started here. I didn’t want to wait yil next month to start some accountability so here goes....
    SW: 277
    CW: 274 (4 days into this journey)
    GW for May 1: 267
    Final GW: 165

April Goals:
    1. Drink 150 oz of water a day
    2. Go to the gym 3 x a week (will increase as i get into the routine of going again)
    3. Limit fast food to 1 time a week. (Soda has already been cut out and phasing out fast food)
    4. No more unhealthy snacks
    5. Log all food and drinks daily
    6. Lose 10 pounds
  • IsETHome
    Options
    cmsavells wrote: »

Connie in KY

Typically it's about 2 pounds for light clothes and tennis shoes. Maybe 3-4 for jeans and boots & sweater. It's pretty minor when you are looking at total body weight. You should feel comfortable with your final weight when you are in clothing because its pretty insignificant. I've never had anyone "yell" or make a "rude" comment about my weight - the check in nurses - are you trending up maybe or if you are mortally obese, they may be worried - other than that, change your doctor if you can. Keep in mind you do retain water at different levels of the day. "Typically", Im 2 lbs heavier at night than the morning, at the most 4. That's my range. As long as you are "trending" down you should be fine. Honestly 3 lbs no one cares about, but it might indicate you need to make more progress downwards. You didn't list your stats. Yes, quit stressing its an insignificant factor, or simply write down what you wore and repeat at the doctors office - if you take off your shoes, your clothes really are about 2 lbs - unless you are wearing layers, and jackets, and I somewhat doubt this is what you are doing at the scale of your doctors office. If you wear simple leggings and a t-shirt, and take off your shoes, you will get consistency. Your stats may be on an earlier thread - this was just a quick glance response.
  • xdinoduckk
    xdinoduckk Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this and going to use it to help motivate myself again!

OSW: 260lb
    SW: 230.08lb.
    MGW: ~225lbs
    UGW: 160lbs.

Monthly Goals:
    Waking up at 5am to start my day right.
    Be in bed by 9 to help my crappy sleep schedule.
    Drink no less than 80oz of water a day.
    Go for a daily walk at the park, rather than weekly.
    (Start cardio again lol)
  • nia_flores
    nia_flores Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I’m relatively new to Mfp and am stoked to find a thread i can relate to. Here is
    some of my info that i’m proud to have accomplished so far!
    HW/SW:238
    CW:223
    GW:150
    Some of my April goals:
    keep logging every day
    focus on how i feel primarily vs going crazy over the scale
    do better each month than the last
    Exercise more
    ~~~
    Feel free to send me friend requests! I love to chat and having a strong sense of community benefits all of us :)
  • premneote
    premneote Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hope it’s not too late to join you guys!

SW: 242.8lb
    April SW: 242.8lb
    CW: 240.8lb
    GW: 150lb

Goals for April:
    - track meals every day
    - Workout 5 days a week
    - Eat clean 6 out of 7 days a week
  • RavenStCloud
    Options
    So this weekend is Easter for some of us and I plan to go HARD on dessert on Sunday. No candy or jelly beans or milk duds eggs, but I am baking two cakes. One a box mix with lots of colors for my niece and nephew. And the other one from scratch. A double chocolate layer cake with chocolate buttercream and ganache. I'm super excited about this one. I haven't had cake or chocolate in 2 months and I plan to have two slices. I'm going to be eating well the whole rest of the weekend, but I definitely plan to blow my calorie count on dessert and hit the gym hard on Monday!