Starting ALL over again - 10 year challenge (The weight gain edition)

Options
Welp...here I am...

There are approx 10 years between these pics and I am using the old one as fuel to light my fire. In the first one, I am about 150lbs after having come down from 220lbs. In the second I'm 180lbs. Even so, that was a few months ago, and I have put on about 10 more since then.

kox5y90vuyx0.jpg
rezjmutjht4w.jpg

Hi, I'm Zigs, 34 years old, and originally from the Caribbean. Have had a lot of ups and downs with my weight over the years, mainly because my restraint is meager when it comes to delicious things. I now live in Tokyo and have just quit smoking a month ago FINALLY! ...mainly because I was recently diagnosed with high blood pressure. :'(

Karma is knocking at my door with all of the choices I've been making, so I am trying to crack back at her any way I can.

I'm trying to eat well and this is my second day back in the gym after a 2-year hiatus. I found the joys of lifting after moving to Tokyo 5 years ago but fell off the wagon with a move and change of job that has me stressed and pressed. But I can't ignore things any more.

I'm a former dancer, so while I'd like to get my cardio there, my lifestyle makes it difficult and I have to get it on the hamster wheel (I mean treadmill... other dancers will understand).

I'd love to make a few friends in the region who know that Japan is made of fried chicken and ramen, as much as it is made of sushi and sashimi. :#

I'd love to make friends with anyone fighting for their lives at an age they never thought they would be. :s

I'd love to know how you all inspire yourselves to fight the good fight every day. <3

And most of all, I'd love to be brutally honest with my journey, if you'd have me again lovely people.

Replies

• darlenenicks
    darlenenicks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    im with you on the journey
  • eperal6
    eperal6 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me! We can do this together.
  • froggerman2
    froggerman2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Zigs,
    You are a beautiful woman and it sounds like you are a strong one as well. Great job on quoting smoking, I did that 9 months age and it has made me feel so much better. I have much more weight to lost then you in fact I have you to lost and more LOL. I started at 400 pounds and have lost 37 so far. You can do it and you are on the right track, going to the gym and reaching out to people. Keep up the great work you are doing and I hope to hear more about your journey.
    Stay strong,
    Michael Pearson
  • Ziggyzigs
    Ziggyzigs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Zigs,
    You are a beautiful woman and it sounds like you are a strong one as well. Great job on quoting smoking, I did that 9 months age and it has made me feel so much better. I have much more weight to lost then you in fact I have you to lost and more LOL. I started at 400 pounds and have lost 37 so far. You can do it and you are on the right track, going to the gym and reaching out to people. Keep up the great work you are doing and I hope to hear more about your journey.
    Stay strong,
    Michael Pearson

Thanks so much dude! Let's work on it together. That extra lung capacity feels good right?
  • Ziggyzigs
    Ziggyzigs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    eperal6 wrote: »
    Add me! We can do this together.

Done and done! Hello friend!
  • bkishiro
    bkishiro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I moved to Tokyo 2 years ago and was also diagnosed with high blood pressure. Since moving here I gained 40 pounds. I actually thought I would lose weight moving here with all the walking one has to do. Thanks for posting your story. I am back on the wagon and if you want any local support let me know.