Love whey protein with milk

So in love with whey protein but hate it mixed with water, milk is the way to go

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited April 2019
    There are certain brands I have tried that I also had to drink it with milk.. But I have finally found one that I LOVE with water. I can have an entire second scoop added to the water to meet my protein goal instead of the calories and carbs in milk. Win win :D
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    My husband always has his with milk. He puts it on his Cheerios in the morning too🙄
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,111 Member
    I like mine in hot chocolate made with oat milk :lol:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I use a "flavorless" one with chocolate milk. It's tasty. I put flavorless in quotes b/c it has a slight dairy taste to it, which is fine with milk and mostly fine with a green smoothie, as long as I get my measurements right.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Almond milk here, if I'm drinking it.

My go-to, though, is to mix it into greek yogurt with berries. That's my breakfast pretty much every morning. I change up the powder flavor and berries depending on what sounds good. Currently, Lemon Meringue Pie protein powder and raspberries is my favorite.

ETA: Oh, and my vanilla powder if I use about 15 grams to 170 grams of plain greek yogurt tastes just like cheesecake!!! YUM!

The Greek yogurt thing is a pro move. Some low fat Greek yogurt also has as much protein density as the powder itself, so it's like 1.5 times the protein.

Now if only I could buy greek yogurt when it's not on sale. It's waaay too expensive otherwise.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    My husband always has his with milk. He puts it on his Cheerios in the morning too🙄

Why the eye roll? Doesn’t sound like a bad idea lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I mix my plain whey with black espresso. But cold espresso, if it's too hot it clumps.
  • Rabid_Hamster
    Rabid_Hamster Posts: 338 Member
    My normal dinner is whey protein with Fairlife chocolate milk (more protein) blended with Greek yogurt. 360 cal 57g protein, 21g carb.
    Of course I could always vary up the flavor with plain milk and diff flavor Greek yogurt, but it's chocolate so...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Lord007 wrote: »
    My normal dinner is whey protein with Fairlife chocolate milk (more protein) blended with Greek yogurt. 360 cal 57g protein, 21g carb.
    Of course I could always vary up the flavor with plain milk and diff flavor Greek yogurt, but it's chocolate so...

I use the Fairlife chocolate milk as well. They also have a protein drink. I purchased 1, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh, and my vanilla powder if I use about 15 grams to 170 grams of plain greek yogurt tastes just like cheesecake!!! YUM!

I am going to have to try this!!

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Me, too! My protein powder is chocolate frosted cupcake, could make a yummy snack in Greek yogurt.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Someday I am going to branch out amd try some fancy protein flavours. I am really boring and only buy the vanilla ones.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Nope. Complete opposite here.

Perhaps it's the brand of protein I use (VPA) but it just doesn't mix properly in milk and ends up way to gluggy and thick even if I use a Wizz-stick or blender.

Mix with water however and it's amazing! Creamy without being too thick and mixes with zero clumps with just a shaker.

I guess it's a case of different strokes