Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Love whey protein with milk

So in love with whey protein but hate it mixed with water, milk is the way to go

Replies

• sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    edited April 2019
    There are certain brands I have tried that I also had to drink it with milk.. But I have finally found one that I LOVE with water. I can have an entire second scoop added to the water to meet my protein goal instead of the calories and carbs in milk. Win win :D
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    My husband always has his with milk. He puts it on his Cheerios in the morning too🙄
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,102 Member
    I like mine in hot chocolate made with oat milk :lol:
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    I use a "flavorless" one with chocolate milk. It's tasty. I put flavorless in quotes b/c it has a slight dairy taste to it, which is fine with milk and mostly fine with a green smoothie, as long as I get my measurements right.
  • Spadesheart
    Spadesheart Posts: 479 Member
    Almond milk here, if I'm drinking it.

My go-to, though, is to mix it into greek yogurt with berries. That's my breakfast pretty much every morning. I change up the powder flavor and berries depending on what sounds good. Currently, Lemon Meringue Pie protein powder and raspberries is my favorite.

ETA: Oh, and my vanilla powder if I use about 15 grams to 170 grams of plain greek yogurt tastes just like cheesecake!!! YUM!

The Greek yogurt thing is a pro move. Some low fat Greek yogurt also has as much protein density as the powder itself, so it's like 1.5 times the protein.

Now if only I could buy greek yogurt when it's not on sale. It's waaay too expensive otherwise.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    My husband always has his with milk. He puts it on his Cheerios in the morning too🙄

Why the eye roll? Doesn’t sound like a bad idea lol
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I mix my plain whey with black espresso. But cold espresso, if it's too hot it clumps.
  • Rabid_Hamster
    Rabid_Hamster Posts: 338 Member
    My normal dinner is whey protein with Fairlife chocolate milk (more protein) blended with Greek yogurt. 360 cal 57g protein, 21g carb.
    Of course I could always vary up the flavor with plain milk and diff flavor Greek yogurt, but it's chocolate so...
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Lord007 wrote: »
    My normal dinner is whey protein with Fairlife chocolate milk (more protein) blended with Greek yogurt. 360 cal 57g protein, 21g carb.
    Of course I could always vary up the flavor with plain milk and diff flavor Greek yogurt, but it's chocolate so...

I use the Fairlife chocolate milk as well. They also have a protein drink. I purchased 1, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    edited April 2019
    Oh, and my vanilla powder if I use about 15 grams to 170 grams of plain greek yogurt tastes just like cheesecake!!! YUM!

I am going to have to try this!!

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Me, too! My protein powder is chocolate frosted cupcake, could make a yummy snack in Greek yogurt.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Someday I am going to branch out amd try some fancy protein flavours. I am really boring and only buy the vanilla ones.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Nope. Complete opposite here.

Perhaps it's the brand of protein I use (VPA) but it just doesn't mix properly in milk and ends up way to gluggy and thick even if I use a Wizz-stick or blender.

Mix with water however and it's amazing! Creamy without being too thick and mixes with zero clumps with just a shaker.

I guess it's a case of different strokes