Before and half-way through

Options
slbbw
slbbw Posts: 329 Member
I changed jobs, bought and sold a house and moved with two kids in a 4 month time frame. My regular running routes changed, my schedule changed and my health went down hill fast. Turns out I also had a vitamin imbalance that needed to be adjusted. I started trying to get back into shape around October and set back after setback kept me form getting there. My body was not working well and my mind was not in it. I decided to go back on my anti-depressant, and fixed that vitamin imbalance. I joined a gym. I started working out for two months. My fitness improved but I did not see much weight loss. My gym had an 8 week fitness challenge that started mid January. I was ready to get this going. I re-logged into MFP and started tracking again. I upped my gym workouts, which I could now because I had a ton more energy. In 8 weeks I dropped about 20lbs. An admittedly overly aggressive pace, but I wanted to win the challenge (which I did) . I am not to my final weight yet. My hips are still weak from pregnancy and neglect. But I am finally getting to a point where I feel strong and in control of my body.

I write this to provide inspiration. But I also write this to allow yourself time. Sometimes it takes time to mentally get to the point where you are ready to really dig in. Sometimes it takes a couple months of work to get your head in the game. There may be no progress at first. But getting the process started in any way possible will always be better than not starting at all. Maybe all you can do is just track calories, maybe all you can do is make sure you exercise 1 day a week. 9maq5y7cgvki.png

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!