Morning NSV

Options
When I started this journey a little over two months ago I was drinking the morning coffee my boyfriend made every day. When I had to log it the first time I created a recipe for it and it was a grand total of 266 calories! The worst part of that was the three tablespoons of sugar. I realized that just couldn't keep going on, so I immediately cut it down to one tablespoon. I didn't want to switch to no calorie sugars because I'm over on my sugar intake every day that I drink that coffee and I figure no calorie is still putting sugars into my body. Anyway, today my victory was cutting out ALL of the sugar from my morning coffee! Plus, I still enjoyed it and can see myself doing this every morning now. That's what this is all about, new healthier habits. Anybody else had a similar NSV?

Replies

• Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! Congratulations!!! I am addicted to sweet tea and when I say sweet I mean SWEET!!! I drink it 24 hours a day! I've been two weeks without as of today! :smile: I thought it would be hard but it was easy. I just drink a Sugarfree Rockstar in the morning and then it's water for the rest of the day. I will have to ween off of the Rockstar now! :laugh:
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    TABLESPOONS! Do you mean teaspoons?
  • 4vhughes
    4vhughes Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I've been 'cleaning' up our pantry and fridge at home. I usually make something a little healtheir for myself and a little different for my husband. (He actually needs the calories for his activity level.) Last night I made shirataki noodles with shrimp stir fry for myself and the same stir fry with brown rice for my husband. He came in and ate almost my whole bowl of noodles! I still haven't told him they're tofu. I guess the changes I've been making are working for both of us! Not to mention the booger (hubby) is back his high school weight!
  • Simomofmich
    Simomofmich Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You can get use to tea without sugar. I'm originally from the south and I loved my sweet tea and then moved to Michigan and no one knows what I was talking about. Now that Mcdonald's has brought sweet tea to the north I still ask for unsweet just to save the calories.
  • southtowngirl
    southtowngirl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    YEAH!!! Congratulations!!! I am addicted to sweet tea and when I say sweet I mean SWEET!!! :laugh:

My brother says if it can't substitute as syrup for your pancakes, it is not sweet enough. :bigsmile:
  • hbkanumalla
    hbkanumalla Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Last year, my commute to work always took me past a Dunkin' Donuts. I would usually make a pit stop there once or twice a week to get something warm to drink while i drove. At the start of the year, I would get a medium hot chocolate (about 300 calories). Trying to be a little healthier, I turned to black tea with milk and sugar (about 114 calories). Little did I know when asking for sugar, they would put 3 packets of sugar into my 14 oz tea! I later found out that DD also sells green tea. So, by the end of the year I started ordering green tea with one sugar only! I definitely feel like that became a small NSV for me!
  • ChrisFA5
    ChrisFA5 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Definitely, I decided that if I was going to continue drinking coffee that I was at least going to cut out creamer & sugar.
  • holdondreamaway
    Options
    TABLESPOONS! Do you mean teaspoons?

Ha! I do mean tablespoons! You don't get 260 calories into coffee without it. My boyfriend is still drinking it, but he's got one of those ridiculous metabolisms where it dosn't affect him.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!