Best home workout routine!

Options
Hello!! I am looking for the best workout routine to do at home without equipment. Something that will help lose weight. I don’t really like doing videos. So I’m not sure what to do!! Any ideas?

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,901 Member
    Options
    Can you go outside?

Walk
    Run
    Cycle

Do you have flights of stairs you can climb?

And you can lose weight without exercise, but exercise is good.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Walk out the door and move. Really simple.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Sit ups, crunches, push ups, squats, etc.
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,311 Member
    Options
    Loose weight by CICO...

Weigh your food with food scale.. keep good track of anything you eat and be patient.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Listen to music and dance.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,915 Member
    Options
    This time of year I garden. Today I will be transplanting mint and digging up day lilies and replanting them out back. I'll be wiped out when I'm done.

Tomorrow I'm going to buy kale and Swiss chard seedlings and plant them the day after.

Earlier this week I planted peas, snow and snap.

Before I moved in with my OH, we put in two 4 x 8 beds for veggies and three 1 x 8 beds for flowers. Two falls ago I put in a shade garden in a circle under a tree. Last fall we dug up the strip alongside the driveway and put in ornamental grass and mulch and put in a 2 x 12 bed for veggies.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    My only equipment is a fitbit with heartrate, and some good shoes. Then I just walk (pretty fast). I hate any other kind of workout I have ever tried, but getting outside to walk, or walking at the mall, or walking at work (I work on a HUGE campus) doesn't feel like a chore so that's what I do. You can listen to podcasts etc while you do it, or simply enjoy your surroundings. I know that's probably not really building muscle (so depends on your own goals), but for me it helps me burn some extra calories to help me be in deficit while still eating foods I enjoy.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    There really isn't a "best." Just get out and move more. My "at home" workout is getting my bike out of the garage and hitting the road.

Your weight loss is going to be much more about your diet than what exercise you choose to do.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I love walking it is my all time favorite- I look at tv or listen to music and sance. I also will walk during the show and run/ jogg during the comercial - a kind of HIIT . lastly i like to use the you tube videos- like leslie sansone or jessica smith walking which are nicely done.
  • JeanCricket
    JeanCricket Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I walk indoors in circles in family room during cold weather and put on music for momentum. Usually 30 minutes.

Also use light dumbbells for upper body toning. I stretch afterwards.

And stairs are great for calf raises!

Hope this helps!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I walk indoors in circles in family room during cold weather and put on music for momentum. Usually 30 minutes.

Also use light dumbbells for upper body toning. I stretch afterwards.

And stairs are great for calf raises!

Hope this helps!

You might try walking videos for bad weather days.............https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVl6ZdslZz2Zj-34bMJFPbg or http://jessicasmithtv.com/videos/walking-workouts/
  • bkogut12
    bkogut12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You kind of limit yourself with "no equipment". I walk 3 miles 5 times a day and do strengthening and stretching in my home. I also go to the gym because the weather doesn't always permit walking outside. But I agree with alot of the answers; you need to start moving. I do like the "you tube" videos so I don't know. Sorry.
  • Viking_Dad
    Viking_Dad Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For strength you can do various kinds of pushups (against a counter or stairs until you can manage on the floor), bodyweight squats or lunges, crunches, russian twists or bicyles, burpees... the list goes on and on.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    you can literally run around your house... do some jumping jacks in the living room... run into the bedroom do some windmills.. go to the kitchen and do some squats and leg lifts.. go to the dining room and do some sit ups.. come up with your own in home routine...do it for 20 or 30 minutes
  • ShrinkingMama2
    ShrinkingMama2 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You can turn some music on and dance! That makes for a nice workout if you dance long and hard enough.... Also, you can do some general calisthenics such as crunches, sit ups, push ups, lunges, leg raises and jumping jacks. I would suggest walking or jogging outside, riding a bike, swimming at a local pool... things that get the heart pumping harder.

If you can watch videos and get to like it, yoga is GREAT. Hot yoga is super difficult and works up a nice sweat
  • MarisaMSimon
    MarisaMSimon Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I've used this website to do some good at home workouts: https://darebee.com/

They even have a workout of the day and 90 day workout plans.
  • mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    download freeletics app. No equipment needed, they have a free version, you can try various workouts that will give you an excellent workout
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    bkogut12 wrote: »
    You kind of limit yourself with "no equipment". I walk 3 miles 5 times a day and do strengthening and stretching in my home. I also go to the gym because the weather doesn't always permit walking outside. But I agree with alot of the answers; you need to start moving. I do like the "you tube" videos so I don't know. Sorry.

Walking 3 miles 5 times a day???
    5 times a week would probably be sufficient :smiley:
  • LydiaX35
    LydiaX35 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    If you can get a cheap skipping rope I recommend that, I’m a beginner and it’s so tough but I can tell I’m going to become fit and lose quick calories even just after a few minutes