Options

Replies

• butterfly0819
    Options
    The Art of Racing in the Rain
    The Kitchen House
    Those Who Save Us
    American Wife

Happy reading. Hoping to get some new ideas for myself on this thread too!
    Loved loved loved the art of racing in the rain...anything by Nicolas Sparks, Heather Graham, or James Patterson..
  • TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    bump cuz I am going to reply later. I am a HUGE book worm (can read a whole paperback in 8 hours) and have a nice list to put together for you :) what kind of books do you like to read? conspiracy theory? spy novels? scy fi? fantasy? murder mysteries? romance? tell me your genre and I will give you a list I read everything but horror so horror I cant tell you anything about
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I've just discovered Lee Child - Reacher novels. Reacher is Bad *kitten*. Action, mystery.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Dark:
    Sandman Slim
    House of Leaves
    Child of Fire

Fun:
    Good Omens
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    Book suggestions?? :D

What kind of book genre do you like? I am a HUGE book lover. LOVE reading!!! :) But I think it depends on what you like.
    I read a lot of different stuff. Love biographies as well. And I also love a book that will shock the hell out of me. But I find most people tend to not like those books. LOL

Let me know. :) There are tons of books suggestions I'd love to give you. :) I just wouldn't know where to start without a genre.
    i will read just about anything dont really have a genre never thought about reading bios but ill read anything from mystery to well for example fallen(fallen angels) twilight(im sure you know vampire warewolves etc)(pretty much teen books) to books on religions outta curiosity i am christian but i have read books on buddihsm na sure how to spell it lol and reincarnation etc. a few psychology books to well james patterson and dean koontz so as u see i dont have a ggenre jus anything interesting. i might have to try reading some bios lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret - Judy Blume

It's a classic... lol
  • sayambular
    sayambular Posts: 205
    Options
    I love LOVE liebe A Density of Souls by Christopher Rice, it's an EXCELLENT book. If you don't mind twists and turns and stories about gays. It's a GREAT book. And so is Emma by Jane Austen if you love romance novels from the 1800s and so is Jane Eyre by Bronte.
  • Mariannewww
    Options
    Kraken by china mieville - great book
  • marquesajen
    Options
    I just finished "Eva Luna" by Isabel Allende. Very good, as is her book "House of the Spirits". "Olive Kitteridge", "Dharma Bums", "Into Thin Air", "White Teeth", "A Moveable Feast", "For Whom the Bell Tolls". I could go on, but I won't to save space. I loooove reading.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Book suggestions?? :D

What kind of book genre do you like? I am a HUGE book lover. LOVE reading!!! :) But I think it depends on what you like.
    I read a lot of different stuff. Love biographies as well. And I also love a book that will shock the hell out of me. But I find most people tend to not like those books. LOL

Let me know. :) There are tons of books suggestions I'd love to give you. :) I just wouldn't know where to start without a genre.
    i will read just about anything dont really have a genre never thought about reading bios but ill read anything from mystery to well for example fallen(fallen angels) twilight(im sure you know vampire warewolves etc)(pretty much teen books) to books on religions outta curiosity i am christian but i have read books on buddihsm na sure how to spell it lol and reincarnation etc. a few psychology books to well james patterson and dean koontz so as u see i dont have a ggenre jus anything interesting. i might have to try reading some bios lol

I just realized by going to my bookshelf that it isn't easy to just name them all. LOL So, I thought I will tell of the books I have read recently and liked.

1) The Other Boleyn Girl - I absolutely LOVE this book. It is so different than the movie and got me hooked on all things Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn.
    2) (NON-FICTION) Broken by Shy Keenan (NON-FICTION) - Very hard book to read. But an amazing story of surviving a brutal childhood.
    3) (NON-FICTION) Playground: A Childhood Lost Inside The Playboy Mansion
    4) Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris
    5) (NON-FICTION) The Heroin Diaries
    6) Mary Bloody Mary
    7) (NON-FICTION) Thing Of Beauty: The Tragedy Of Supermodel Gia
    8) (NON-FICTION) John Lennon: The Life
    9) (NON-FICTION) John by Cynthia Lennon
    10) (NON-FICTION) Madonna: An Intimate Biography
    11) Push by Sapphire
    12) (NON-FICTION) Night by Ellie Weizel

You can see I read more non-fiction than anything else.

I also have read books by Denis Lehane (Gone Baby Gone, Mystic River, etc.), Richard Matheson (I Am Legend), Cormac McCarthy (The Road), Jack Ketchum and Anne Rule.
    I have also read every book by Sidney Sheldon and liked them all. V.C. Andrews books are great too. My favorite is the whole Flowers In The Attic series starting with Garden Of Shadows.
    I also really enjoyed Breaking Dawn but don't like saying it. LOL

I have SO many books on my shelf that I still haven't read. The next books I'm reading will be reading is 'Seductive Poison' which is a non-fiction book about Jonestown and the Peoples Temple. It will be a really hard one to read. I also have many books about the holocaust to read. And a bio on Paul McCartney.

I really wish I could think of more. I read a lot of books on my Kindle as well but forget about those once I finish and delete it.
  • pammy2utoo
    Options
    Clan of the Cave Bear is excellent. That's the first one in the series. By Jean M Auel
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump....I have an amazing number of books. will get back to you :)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    bump....I have an amazing number of books. will get back to you :)
  • bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    ANYTHING, and I mean ANYTHING by Christopher Moore. I own all of his books and let me just say, if you like to LAUGH, he is your man!
    If you do take on his books, save LAMB for last. It is by far his best book however I wouldnt want you to measure his other books based on that one! Get ready to have people looking at you strange every time you bust out laughing. He also sometimes uses the same characters so you begin to recognize them!
    Island of the Sequined Love Nun
    Coyote Blue
    Bite Me
    Fool
    You Suck
    A Dirty Job
    The Stupidest Angel
    Fluke
    The Lust Lizard of Meloncholy Cove
    Bloodsucking Fiends
    Practical Demonkeeping
    Lamb
  • ViciousReemo
    Options
    I just recently read an awesome book called (the more you ignore me) by (jo brand)
    its hilarious and at the same time sad and it has a really awesome ending
    plus the book cover is really cool XD
  • cdstadt
    cdstadt Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm a reader! These times are few and far between, but I'm actually not reading anything right now.

If I had to recommend books to total strangers without any idea what kind of books they like:

For thinkers/classical book lovers:

- The Stranger by Albert Camus
    - Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
    - Sacred Hunger by Barry Unsworth
    - The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco
    - The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells

For food/life/veggie stuffs:
    - Eating Animals by J Safran Foer
    - Twinkie Deconstructed by Steve Ettlinger
    - Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

For the fluffy, candy readers:
    - Harry Potter ANYTHING. yes. by the wonderful JKR
    - His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman (Includes The Golden Compass)
    - ANYTHING by Carl Hiaasen, my favorites are Sick Puppy and Skinny Dip
    - ANYTHING by Augusten Burroughs
    - Choke by Chuck Palahniuk
    - When the Wind Blows by James Patterson
  • MummaSue
    MummaSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Love books no time just now for a proper reply
  • MsRobin_TheSequel
    MsRobin_TheSequel Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    The Art of Racing in the Rain

One of my all time favorites !!!! A must read :happy:
  • jsiler181
    Options
    The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins

Ditto to this! I read the first book in less than a week (and I work 9 and 10 hour days) and can't wait to start on the second. If the remainder of the trilogy is as engrossing as the first installment, it will be one of the best series to come out in a long time.
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    The Help, Angel Sister, Down River, THe morganville vampies series, The time travelers wife, The Notebook, anything by Maeve Binchy