When you have alcohol, what do you chose?

Options
I want to pick a calorie-friendly drink for happy hour. I'm thinking Vodka and Club Soda, or possibly Jack and Diet Coke. I generally drink wine but it seems less calorie friendly.

What do you like to drink when you are treating yourself and still trying to stay conscious of your calories?

Replies

• psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Beer or scotch.. . Only drink once a month
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    If I'm only having one or two drinks, I always go with wine. If it will be more than that, I stick with vodka sodas or captain and diet, both with limes:).
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Red wine. About 130 calories for 5 ounces. You're right, vodka is less (about 65 calories per ounce) but I don't like to deprive myself of my favorite beverage. I just figure out whether it fits within the calorie allotment for the day, and if it does I enjoy a glass. Cheers!
  • Remoth
    Remoth Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My typical drink is rye and diet Pepsi. Rye has around 70 cal per oz. Been drinking that long before I changed my Woe. Not a fan of the full sugar soft drinks.

Did drink way too much rum punch and pinata coladas in Jamaica this winter though... haha
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    whatever i want but usually it's either vodka or tequila related
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Red or white wine usually
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Very seldom drink any of my calories, but when I do, it’s a glass of Riesling wine (preferably a sweeter one). Usually only with holiday meals.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Depends - if I am drinking beer when in a deficit I generally go for a draught Guinness stout (125 calories) Otherwise my deficit-period cocktails are generally wine or a bourbon & soda (winter) or a G & T with schwepps diet tonic (summer - the Schwepps is the least diet-tasting of all the diet tonics I have tried over the years). The key, though, is not having more than 1 (ok maybe 1.5 if its wine :D) and having it fit more or less into my plan.
  • KD0BIK
    KD0BIK Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    A shot of Baileys with an ice cube.
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I drink whatever goes well with the food I'm eating. If it's just a happy hour, I usually go for a skinny margarita with tequila, agave, lime juice and club soda. I don't drink diet beverages, so I either use sparkling water or club soda where appropriate or regular soda. I have a glass of wine or a beer 2-3 times/week, IF it fits into my caloric allotment for the day AND I want it.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    shot glass with 3/4 vodka and 1/4 lemon juice because i'm a wimp
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Chardonnay! Haven't had any in months because it complicates my weight loss efforts. Going to happy hour tonight and having a big ol' glass!
  • bannock_and_biceps
    bannock_and_biceps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    red wine, prosecco, splash vodka drinks in a can *100 calories for one*, *not sure if they're available in the US but i'm in canada*
    and vodka with club soda.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    KD0BIK wrote: »

I forgot about Bailey’s. I have an unopened bottle on my shelf, way at the back, I got as part of a retirement gift 12/29/17. Is there a shelf life for an unopened bottle of Baileys? I’ll have to give that a Google.
  • psychod787
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Beer or scotch.. . Only drink once a month

Gotcha beat :tongue: I drink maybe once every 3 or 4 months. Typically wine for me, something fruity and light. My palate isn't very sophisticated.

Lol... that once a month is sometimes like 1/2 a beer or something...
  • psychod787
    Options
    KD0BIK wrote: »

I forgot about Bailey’s. I have an unopened bottle on my shelf, way at the back, I got as part of a retirement gift 12/29/17. Is there a shelf life for an unopened bottle of Baileys? I’ll have to give that a Google.

Have you ever drank bailey's from a shoe? Lol
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Jack and Diet. Bourbon on the rocks. And...well, that's about it.
  • sparkyvenkman
    sparkyvenkman Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Vodka with pineapple juice. I don't drink that often, but when I do I get the giggles.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I drink very rarely so I usually just get what I want. I like screwdrivers and moscow mules. Pretty delish.