A1 sauce GOOD or BAD

Options
So I eat about 2 tablespoons of A1 with my meat every other time I eat meat and when I add it into my food diary is claims to only be carbs... so my question is.. is it the good kind of carbs that are healthy for my weight loss journey or not?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Good.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    I don't like it, so I don't think it's very good.

Other than that, there are no such things as "good" carbs or "bad" carbs for weight loss, and you don't need to worry about carbs unless your doctor has diagnosed you with a specific medical problem that requires restricting carb intake.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is healthy to worry about the health value of a condiment. That is a level of scrutiny that I believe is too extreme unless you have a specific medical condition. Even concern over nutrition I think needs to be done in moderation.

What the others have said about good vs bad carbs is true. There is no carb, protein, or fat that if eaten while you are in a calorie deficit that will prevent or somehow minimize your weight loss.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    A1 sauce is not good. It is excellent.
    Carbs are carbs.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    I don't like it, so not good.

If you like it, good.

Given the normal amounts to use, it can't be particularly significant to your diet, right? May add a few calories (and those from carbs), but not enough to matter unless you are trying to do keto.

(Ann's post above is excellent advice.)
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    Carbs are carbs.

What about as a limited edition Oreo flavor?

Hmm... think ima need to pass lol
  • texasredreb
    texasredreb Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    It's the worst kind of carbs-but only because I hate the stuff!! Eat it if you like it and don't sweat the minutia of determining whether or not 2TBS of a condiment is going to derail you; it won't. Enjoy your fermented anchovy sauce!
  • JohnnytotheB
    JohnnytotheB Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Idk if it matters. IMO, a carb is a carb and you just have to stay within your target range. I would say that if you have a great steak, you don't need any sauce! The steak for speak for itself!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Carbs are carbs.

I woo'd you.

Am I disliking the idea of A1 Oreos or saying the idea is too good to be true? Hmm.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Carbs are carbs.

I woo'd you.

Am I disliking the idea of A1 Oreos or saying the idea is too good to be true? Hmm.

Or maybe you’re my woo stalker...
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Love it.