Water...

Options
Hello. Here I am again! Lol..

I’ve been at this for a week.. i lost 5 lbs in the first 2 days, as with all weightloss beginnings, i know that’s mostly water.. but it’s been at a stand still since. Maybe Im not drinking enough water? I’m 319.0 lbs.. I’m 5’8.

How much water am I supposed to drink?

I heard the whole 8 8 rule isn’t for everyone?

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,648 Member
    Options
    I have heard 1/2 of your body weight in oz. ....I drink about 3 or 4 33.8 oz bottles of water a day
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    I have heard 1/2 of your body weight in oz. ....I drink about 3 or 4 33.8 oz bottles of water a day

So I weigh 3000 ounces, roughly. I should be drinking 1500 oz of water every day? Close to 12 gallons? That doesn't seem right.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Drinking water is important for your health, but weight loss doesn't stop due to not drinking enough water.

How long has it been since you saw any downward movement on the scale?
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    Drinking water is important for your health, but weight loss doesn't stop due to not drinking enough water.

3 days
  • apullum
    Options

3 days

You're not going to see your weight decrease every single day. You may not even see your weight decrease every single week.

Eat the number of calories MFP gives you. Weigh all your food to make sure you're in a deficit. Be patient.
  • sarahfadell87
    sarahfadell87 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

3 days

You're not going to see your weight decrease every single day. You may not even see your weight decrease every single week.

Eat the number of calories MFP gives you. Weigh all your food to make sure you're in a deficit. Be patient.

Thank you... i just really really really wanna be out of the 300’s lol
  • apullum
    Options

3 days

Thank you... i just really really really wanna be out of the 300’s lol

It will happen if you stick to your calorie deficit consistently. You just have to give it time.