Eating at 1500 calories

Options
Hi! I've been recommended my MFP to eat 1500 calories a day I work out a the gym 3-5 times a week doing weighted workouts and cardio is that ok? 1500 calories seems a bit low for me it might be unhealthy? Or is ok?

Replies

• ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    I'm 168cm
    78.3 kg
    I workout 3-5 times a week doing cario and weighted workouts
    I would like to lose 1 kg a week
  • Lolinloggen
    Lolinloggen Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Did you enter your lifestyle as inactive, slightly active or active?
  • ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    Did you enter your lifestyle as inactive, slightly active or active?

I would put in slighty active since it's our vacation here and all the activity i get is the gym at home i just sit around all day
  • ralphbaileygotiangco02
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I'm 168cm
    78.3 kg
    I workout 3-5 times a week doing cario and weighted workouts
    I would like to lose 1 kg a week

You would be better off with .5kg a week at your stats, as you do not have that much to lose. I am not sure how much more calories it will give you, because 1500 is the minimum MFP will allow for a male. But it should give you something. You should also eat back the calories toy burn from exercise. Better to do this healthily and sustainably rather than trying for too quick results.

Ok thanks I think I'll put it at .5 kg 1500 seems unhealthy for me
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you 1500 calories to eat. Let's say you go on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and MFP says you've burned 600 calories (or whatever). You should add in those calories to your daily calorie allowance. That's 1500 + 600 equals 2100 calories you can eat that day. You will still lose weight. Some folks here might just eat back 400 out of that extra 600... whatever you decide, you have earned those additional calories and you should eat them!
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,028 Member
    Options
    MFP gives you 1500 calories to eat. Let's say you go on the treadmill for 30 minutes, and MFP says you've burned 600 calories (or whatever). You should add in those calories to your daily calorie allowance. That's 1500 + 600 equals 2100 calories you can eat that day. You will still lose weight. Some folks here might just eat back 400 out of that extra 600... whatever you decide, you have earned those additional calories and you should eat them!

If MFP or any other source tells you you burned 600 calories in 30 minutes on a treadmill, and you're not a hyper-fit athlete going all out continuously for those 30 minutes, you should seriously question the validity of that estimate of your calorie burn.