How can I lower my body fat percentage?

I brought a body fat scale today and my weight is 78.1kg and I am 175 cm tall and a 32 year old female and my body fat is 32.9% and my body muscle is 32.9%. I have been losing weight very slowly but I was wondering how can I lower my body fat percentage? It says anything over 30% body fat is fat. So I am still fat trying to get a healthy body fat percentage atm.

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    I brought a body fat scale today and my weight is 78.1kg and I am 175 cm tall and a 32 year old female and my body fat is 32.9% and my body muscle is 32.9%. I have been losing weight very slowly but I was wondering how can I lower my body fat percentage? It says anything over 30% body fat is fat. So I am still fat trying to get a healthy body fat percentage atm.

Scales aren't accurate for measuring bodyfat
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member

The best way is to keep losing that body fat, while doing enough exercise to maintain your current muscle.

As mentioned by others those types of scales are useful at times for long term trends, but don't let them freak you out as far as total accuracy or individual weigh in times. They often vary quite a bit with hydration levels and such, so looking at a long term trend is the best use.

And overall, if you are losing weight, you are already doing the best thing to get to a healthy body fat percentage, regardless of how you measure it or the accuracy of that way of measuring.
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Losing weight means losing fat means lowering your body fat percentage. Doing resistance training will also help with that. However, BF scales aren't really an accurate way to measure BF%; they're only kind of decent for overall trends.

Does a bmi tell you how much body fat you have?
  • ashleygroizard
    ashleygroizard Posts: 181 Member

Do you know what is?
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member

Do you know what is?

Calipers I’ve heard are better, but also prone to user error.

Bod Pod, Dexa, and Hydrostatic Weighing I believe are the top 3 methods for Body Fat.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    Maxematics wrote: »
    Losing weight means losing fat means lowering your body fat percentage. Doing resistance training will also help with that. However, BF scales aren't really an accurate way to measure BF%; they're only kind of decent for overall trends.

Does a bmi tell you how much body fat you have?

No. It's just a calculation based on your weight and height. The result can be a hint about whether you have excessive body fat or not, but is not determinative except at extremes.
  • dukeingram
    dukeingram Posts: 50 Member
    Renpho is the scale that I use and I think it's fairly accurate.ks4biytodan6.jpeg