CHOBANI Greek Yogurt = Yuck :(

Options

Replies

• kldmom3ga
    Options
    I love this stuff, just not the plain. The fruit on bottom is the best. Pineapple and black cherry rock!!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Taste good mixed with nutella. Almost too good!
  • Jycooper
    Jycooper Posts: 195
    Options
    I agree that the plain chobani can be a little sour. The best greek yogurt out there is definitely Fage 2%. You won't be disappointed.

^^this, especially the honey favor. Yummy :happy:
  • ivallena
    Options
    No matter who's greek yoguart i eat, I always add plenty of honey. Its a natural and wonderful way to sweeten it.
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    Add a crystal light drop in to plain Greek yogurt. I have also read you can stir in sugar free jello powder to taste.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    yeah i don't like it either...ok in smoothies though. try Fage 2%...it's very creamy and awesome.
  • Runbikerace
    Options
    I add a packet of Stevia to my plain greek yogurt and add fresh blueberries and strawberries.
    It takes the "sour" out of it..yummy and good for you!
  • ferrarib
    Options
    Not yucky at all... but I dislike all the other sweet-like-pudding yogurts. We generally make smoothies with the Chobani Plain 0% and frozen fruit - yum!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    omg...this is blasphemous... Chobani is THE best!

honey, perhaps? I like their varieties with fruit on the bottom (peach and pineapple in particular) when i'm too busy to put my own in

Completely agree.

Buy a flavored chobani. What were you expecting from plain yogurt?

Lol everyone has their own opinions, some agree and some disagree. I wasn't "expecting" anything from greek yogurt, for this being my first time and reading some good reviews on the plain one I figured to give it a try, and to put my opinion on it on tips on how to make it taste a bit better.. it was a bit sour!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options

honey, perhaps? I like their varieties with fruit on the bottom (peach and pineapple in particular) when i'm too busy to put my own in

Completely agree.

Lol everyone has their own opinions, some agree and some disagree. I wasn't "expecting" anything from greek yogurt, for this being my first time and reading some good reviews on the plain one I figured to give it a try, and to put my opinion on it on tips on how to make it taste a bit better.. it was a bit sour!
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    alone, the chobani is too sour for me. I blend it with a banana and what ever fruit sounds good at the time and I swear that it is no longer like eating sour cream. Keep with the plain, you can change it according to your taste AND you control exactly what additives go in. Win win
  • JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The Chobani Pineapple is my favorite!
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    THANKYOU EVERYONE FOR THE RESPONSES!! :) I appreciate it!

I have tried the Pineapple flavor once, and I did like it.. I just wanted to try the plain so it wasn't as high on sugar. I'll def. try to possibly add some honey or agave nectar to give it a boost! :)
  • tuduis
    tuduis Posts: 67
    Options
    Chobani is by far the most superior tasting healthy daily treat I've come across
  • lallaloolly
    lallaloolly Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    you must sweeten it up. my favorite combo for plain chobani is honey (about a tablespoon) and 1/4 cup granola with some sort of dried fruit in it (raisins or cranberries). that turns it from being gross to just plain heaven.
  • moxette
    moxette Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    pretty sure the bran cereal is where you went wrong. blech! frozen fruit, a little honey and granola, pumpkin butter or cinnamon applesauce ROCKS with plain yogurt.(there is no butter in pumpkin butter, its kinda like pie filling but healthier?)
  • kevywan53
    Options
    try adding a packet or two of "Stevia in the Raw" to it first and stir it in really well then add the other things. I eat some version of fat free greek yogurt (including Chobani) every day and add fresh fruit with the stevia and i really enjoy it. Try it this way and see if that fixes the sour for you. best of luck!

k
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options

Completely agree.

I use the non-fat plain yogurt as a garnish or sub for sour cream, it works WONDERFULLY! Or I'll use it in a smoothie, but even in my smoothies I have to add some sort of sweetner because I like sour cream, but not in a smoothie! LOL
  • chrit4u
    chrit4u Posts: 34
    Options
    I love the ChOBANI flavored!
  • kaycee526
    kaycee526 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I always buy the flavored varieties with the fruit in the bottom as well. It is my staple for breakfast most days. I really like the blueberry and black cherry flavors. I've never tried the plain though. A friend of mine puts granola in the fruit varieties as well. I just eat the fruit varieties alone.