New to MFP

Options
Hello. I am new to MFP. I am at 260Lbs and my goal is to get down to 175-180. I know it would be hard, but I won't give up this time.

Replies

• Latai
    Latai Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in the same boat as you and hope to get down to the weight I was when I was 20!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I have been a member for a while now. This site of friends will help motivate you.
  • mpcass
    mpcass Posts: 86
    Options
    Welcome! I started at 242 pounds, on my way to 170ish pounds, currently at 198. You can add me as a friend if you want.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Hi,

Feel free to add me.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to MFP. I am at 260Lbs and my goal is to get down to 175-180. I know it would be hard, but I won't give up this time.
    Welcome on board the MFP-train :bigsmile:

I started at 250lbs about 3 weeks ago and I too want to get down to about 180...eventually. I've given myself 3 years ... to be Fit by 50! :laugh:

However, I'm measuring my goals based on my clothes. Currently I wear 46" waist jeans and XXXL shirts. I'd like to be back to a roomy 42"/XXL by Christmas and then work towards getting down to a 38"/XL waist by Christmas 2012. I then want to see if I can maintain that and my weight for at least 6mths. If that works, then I'll try and work down to a 36"/XL and then eventually a 34"/L.

Now if I ever make it back to a 32"/M... well you don't know how happy I would be :happy: :cry: (but let's not get ahead of ourselves).

Keeping motivated is hard, but with lots of like-minded folks on MFP many of whom are in the same boat, have struggled with weight issues for a few years or all their lives and we're all here to support each other. You'll get a lot of good advice here... some great advice as well as some down-right whacko ideas... but take onboard what fit's you and your lifestyle best, because only YOU can make this work. You'll get lots of support here, but we can't lose the lbs for you. That's your job! :happy:

So come on board and enjoy the rollercoaster ride of your life!:laugh: