Grad Student in Search Of Accountability Buddy

Options
I’m wondering how many graduate and young professionals are out there also embarking on a healthy lifestyle/weight loss journey and may want to support each other?

Being overweight in your twenties is tough when so many people are at their fittest. It can be difficult not to compare oneself and simply throw the towel in. However, if nothing changes, nothing changes. Am I right?

Anyone who is new or a pro in this arena, I welcome all the advice and wisdom! Hope to connect with some awesome, strong, badass individuals 🙂

Replies

• acercas
    acercas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    PhD student here! It's tough trying to get fitter and be more active when you're tied to a desk all day - especially when no one else around you has the same goals! I'm trying hard to make it a priority but I also need to finish my PhD soonish.
  • pcrucifer
    pcrucifer Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yeah, late stage PhD here too. Nontrad student at 45. It is so easy to comfort-eat with all the stress at school. But I find that exercise is the best way to reduce stress. I have been back to running regularly for two months, and it is starting to feel normal again.