Losing motivation

Need advice

I have seem to have stopped at my weight of 10 stone 12. I have lost around 8 stone already but really unhappy with the stop and need help. I eat 1,500 a day and go to the gym 3 times a week minimum with two cheat days a month. Some advice and guidance be helpful, I want to drop the last 12 by mid June but just struggling....
Help

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    When did you last take a diet break?
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    How many extra Calories do you eat on a cheat day? Are you eating so much that you’re wiping out that week’s deficit? I have cheat days too, but the extra calories I eat are what I’d eat if I was maintaining so they don’t set me back.

Maybe instead of cheat day, try eating at maintenance instead?
  • When did you last take a diet break?

I took one on Sunday after two weeks none stop, I have around 2,000-2,500 on a cheat day that’s why I have them every two weeks and still go to gym on a chest day
  • rosiorama wrote: »
    How many extra Calories do you eat on a cheat day? Are you eating so much that you’re wiping out that week’s deficit? I have cheat days too, but the extra calories I eat are what I’d eat if I was maintaining so they don’t set me back.

Maybe instead of cheat day, try eating at maintenance instead?

2,500 max on this last one, sometimes I track the cheat day and on average it’s 2,000
  • TavistockToad

I took one on Sunday after two weeks none stop, I have around 2,000-2,500 on a cheat day that’s why I have them every two weeks and still go to gym on a chest day

A diet break is usually 1-2 weeks, not a day.
  • When did you last take a diet break?

In that case January and put on a stone 😅😅
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Do you weigh your food in grams with a food scale? As you get closer to goal, inaccuracies in logging (like using measuring cups instead of weighing) and "cheat" days can easily wipe out a deficit.
    Taking a diet break and eating at maintenance for a couple of weeks can help, too.
  • TavistockToad

In that case January and put on a stone 😅😅

That wasn't a diet break then, if you gained weight?
  • TavistockToad
    Do you weigh your food with scales?
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited April 2019
    Have you seen the flow chart and studied it in detail?
  • thevoiceinside
    thevoiceinside Posts: 4 Member
    There is no such thing as cheat days, that's what got us all here....Change up, your body adapts and can stagnate because of it...keep changing it up, different healthy foods, forget about cheating...it doesn't work in any part of life.

If you want something....have it, but work an equal amount to use it up.

One day at a time....and as many others have asked to advise.....be honest with your intake....the only way is to weigh and measure it....every little bit adds up.

Most importantly - find something you enjoy...and do this for the right reasons
  • lorrpb wrote: »
    Have you seen the flow chart and studied it in detail?

I haven’t seen it so wouldn’t have a clue
  • Do you weigh your food with scales?

I use to until I became to obsessed so stopped
  • TavistockToad
    Do you weigh your food with scales?

I use to until I became to obsessed so stopped

If you're not losing weight it's most likely because you're not eating in a deficit if you're not weighing your food.