HELP ME....PLEASE

Options
Okay I need HELP! this always happens I loose weight then I just stop and that makes me give up on my diet and i gain the weight back well this time I REFUSE to let that happen agian i need to know what i can do to jump start my diet agian.

MFP start weight:205
CW:193
GW:175

Replies

• dragonflybird
    Options
    Take one day at a time. I follow the same pattern as you. Two years ago I was down to 170, and then I just seemed to stop. It is hard getting the motivation to start up again, but do not put a lot of pressure on yourself, which is why I say "one day at a time." I also find it helpful now that I have MFP friends cheering me on. :D you can do it!
  • lguy29
    lguy29 Posts: 131
    Options
    Stick with MFP! Believe me, and the other success stories on here, logging your calories really holds you accountable. Add friends on here, and you will be encouraged to come back every day. You can do it! Your within a community of people who want to help you lose weight, and they will journey with you!
  • ShaoonaRae
    ShaoonaRae Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I guessing you hit a plateau. You cut your calories, were losing weight, and then all of a sudden it stopped? It's because your body got used to what you were doing, you have to switch it up. Try eating more, or less calories than normal for 2 weeks. Or different exercises.

I change my calorie intake every week. 1600 one week, 1400 the next, and 1200 after that. Then I rotate.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    *lose

and best thing to do is to just keep going. Find some motivational pictures and dont allow yourself to kill your diet

start new, start fresh
  • tauny78
    tauny78 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    For others to offer advice, you should open up your food diary so we can see what you've been up to :). Other than that, you could try changing things up a bit. Sometimes our bodies get used to lower calories and our weight loss slows or stops for a while. You could do calorie cycling. Or just add in one day a week or so where you eat a few more calories. Keep your body guessing. Also, if you're exercising, you may want to change that up a bit too. It would help to know what you've been doing so far. But good luck!
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    And... keep asking for support. We're all here for each other.
  • dizidaisy
    Options
    just keep going!!!! LOG EVERYTHING that passes your lips - try to stick as close to your calorie allowance as possible and just keep going - that's what I've done - it's been a long hard road but worth every single moment of it - never stop until you reach your destination - then you can rest but you have to continue to keep on top of it! Re evaluate your exercise and water intake too.

Good luck xxx
  • cshelgol1
    cshelgol1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There is times when the weight wont budge and maybe you should start looking at inches and how your clothing is fitting, this gives you an insentive to look at the bigger pix. Maybe its time to get a metabolism tune up so that your body can start shedding lbs. correctly, or maybe you want to look at your diet and see where you can cut extra fat from fried foods or sweets. DONT EVER GIVE UP, just think if you just stay the weight you're at w/out gaining any weight its a great accomplishment, and in the mean time you can do some research and find out where you need to tweak your diet. I have some lbs that wont budge but Im adding all the factors, the time of the month, water retention, excercise regimen, before I just set on the idea that im finished losing weight.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Maybe make your goal to be healthier...then let the pounds come off as a side effect of doing that. You will feel better about being healthy and if you focus on that aspect of it, you won't be so narrowly focused on just the weight aspect which inevitibly happens with time of sticking to clean eating and regular exercise habits.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Your body is very smart at adapting to things you do to it..including diet and exercise. So if you're doing the same thing over and over, you will see results at first then after your body gets used to it, your body will not let go of the extra weight as easily. So what to do? Change it up. I change up my diet and exercise when I see that I am plateauing.
  • lbb05
    lbb05 Posts: 14
    Options
    THANKS... I think im going to try the ladder of calorie intake