Eating Easter Eggs

82EC
82EC Posts: 123 Member
Generous colleagues and family have been giving me Easter eggs. Just wondering how it’s best to eat them: small portions everyday for months on end or all at once over Easter and then work off the extra weight afterwards?
What are your thoughts?

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    I believe there's actually an upper limit to how many calories your body can get through as far as storing the excess as fat, so I say go crazy :D

I've actually been wondering about that, given that I don't seem to gain as much permanent weight from binges as the arithmetic suggests...
  • FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    I'd say a little bit of both! I have a somewhat large chocolate bunny that my mom mailed me, and I plan to eat it all on easter sunday regardless of the calories (I won't be counting anyway as I'll be enjoying a HUGEEEE homecooked meal with the extended family). Anything/everything else (candy/leftovers from said dinner) I will be mindful with and log over the following week or two.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    I eat as many as I feel like eating and leave any ones left to the next day, then the next day if any are left, until I finish them. Some years they lasted a couple of weeks, other years they were gone in a day. I always set my calories to slightly gain during major holidays, anyway, and since I average my calories for up to a month, my high holiday budget allows me to absorb any major overeating streaks over time.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    ya wheres your option to eat as many as you want. Theres eat a few for days or eat them ALL. Id say try to relax your mindset, Eat what you want. Going in with the mindset your going to eat it ALL cant be good and would cause me to binge. Your enjoying chocolate no need to make it negative.

That said id eat it all until its gone slowly /not so slowly picking at it if its in my house i need to deal with that about myself or else ruin/ give away my snacks.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    If they are boiled eggs, refrigerate and eat as desired.
    Chocolate doesn’t seem to go bad. I just ate a Halloween Kit Kat yesterday from my candy dish. I still have a few Christmas and Valentines chocolates left as well. Easter chocolates will join them this weekend and will be enjoyed one or two at a time and accounted for in my calorie budget.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    82EC wrote: »
    Generous colleagues and family have been giving me Easter eggs. Just wondering how it’s best to eat them: small portions everyday for months on end or all at once over Easter and then work off the extra weight afterwards?
    What are your thoughts?

1. You are not required to eat any or all of them. You could give them away or toss them.
    2. If you want to eat them, you can do so in a way that does not cause weight gain. You can have chocolate every day in small portions that fit your calorie goal. It might be something to look foward to each day.
    3. If you eat all at once and exceed your calorie goal for the day you can eat lighter or exercise a bit more the rest of the week. Or plan to have a maintenance calorie week.
    4. I don't know how much you have but is it really enough to cause much weight gain? I'd guess maybe 1-2 lbs is the risk of eating them all at once along with regular meals. That is a big deal to some people but not others.

I would eat a few a day or give them away.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    edited April 2019
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I am a bit sad I do not live in a place this particular Easter egg tradition seems to exist :frowning:

Yeah, no one ever gives me Easter eggs. To be fair they don't seem all that appealing to me anyway, but Easter hasn't been a big sweets holiday for me since I was a kid (we had Easter baskets). I'll probably make some kind of dessert for Easter dinner.
  • rachaelgifford
    rachaelgifford Posts: 320 Member
    My partner and I had limited ourselves to one egg each - except they were on 3 for £10 so we have one to share as well.
    I am going to try to be good and portion mine off - but who knows. If I eat less than half a shell a day I'll class it as a win :-)